Sponsored

2017 Automatic Premium GT 3.55 vs 2017 Premium PP

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Ok what am I missing here? Just sold my 428 and making the jump over to the GT. Today I test drove the Auto Premium with 3.55 and few hours later test drove the PP. Both stock and brand new. Auto was so much quicker. Redlined both basically and I felt it much more in the Auto. Also had it on sport +. TBF the PP handled a lot better but overall i preferred the Auto. Going in to sign tomorrow. Fully loaded GT in Race Red, 3.55, Black accent package and Premier trim with 401A. Picked it up for 46,900 in Toronto. Could not be more happy. Going to install a sway bar and some lowering springs and I think it will handle similar to the PP. Pics to come Saturday!!!
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Good move, i did the same thing about a year ago!

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
3.55 in the auto is like running 3.90+ gears in a stick (if you search the forum you will probably find the real drive ratios)-- not a great deal quicker but feels much smoother and easier off the line-runs you up through the rpm range quicker.

The Ford auto 6 speed will often hunt and peck gears at 'around town' speeds and drive you NUTS per 2 friends who own them EXCEPT if you get the 3.55 rearend...that puts the engine up a few hundred rpm and the tranny cooperates and seems to stay in 1 gear a little easier when driving around town (25-45), makes for a much nicer ride.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Did you try the paddle shifters? That's one of the things that sold me on the auto. If you put the car in sport mode and use the paddle shifters, you will get full control.

One tip, upshift to 2nd from a stop if using the paddle shifters and making a 90 degree turn. That way you aren't searching for the paddle while turning.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Congrats onthe new car. Now if you really want to have some fun. Stall that puppy.

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base Auto
Get a strut tower brace and steeda rear subframe braces as well. Makes the car feel totally different. The handling and sharpness in steering is very noticeable.

OP
OP

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Did you try the paddle shifters? That's one of the things that sold me on the auto. If you put the car in sport mode and use the paddle shifters, you will get full control.

One tip, upshift to 2nd from a stop if using the paddle shifters and making a 90 degree turn. That way you aren't searching for the paddle while turning.
Yes it was amazing. Only complaint was it downshifted for me a few times, but I really beat it up since it was a demo and my cousin was the sales rep with me. Going to order the paddle shifter extensions too. Thanks for the tip, my cousin said something similar. How long would you recommend I wait till I push it? Dealer said 500 KM but I wanted some other opinions.

OP
OP

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Get a strut tower brace and steeda rear subframe braces as well. Makes the car feel totally different. The handling and sharpness in steering is very noticeable.
Will look into them, thanks. Didn't want to spend too much on mods since I'm already getting tint and am axleback but I'll shop around for a tower brace. Worth the money?

Sponsored

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes it was amazing. Only complaint was it downshifted for me a few times, but I really beat it up since it was a demo and my cousin was the sales rep with me. Going to order the paddle shifter extensions too. Thanks for the tip, my cousin said something similar. How long would you recommend I wait till I push it? Dealer said 500 KM but I wanted some other opinions.
I've owned exactly 1 new car (not my current) and I followed the owners manual. I would think 500km would be ok but I think the owners manual says 1000 miles.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
See that smiley face OP put down as the icon for his message? The one that looks like this --> :)

That's OP's face as he sits back in his lawnchair and watches as this thread burns down...