Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Who likes 'em?

I think they are a vast improvement, and while not on par with the beauties on an Aston Martin, are pretty damn, well "pretty" in their own right. Am I right?
2015 Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition - Wimbledon White-12.jpg
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I like where they attach. I have first hand recent experience with the amount of wind noise generated by the exterior mirrors. A customer cracked the outer tip of the mirror housing on the passenger side and was complaining about a wind noise that started above 30mph. The broken area was only the size of a quarter and was only on the outer tip of the mirror. I took some masking tape to the broken area and filled it in so make it as smooth as possible. Immediately the wind noise was completely eliminated.

I think mounting the 'stalk' lower on the door will noticeable improve noise into the cabin.

Dyno

Exactly this^

I believe it was said in a Ford video posted here that was one of the main reasons behind mounting it lower on the door, and *I think* they also mentioned it helps with aerodynamics.

Looking at the comparison of the current ones, the mirrors angled inward more which could affect aero ever so slightly. Not to mention it just looks better from both front and back.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
new mirrors are much improved from the outgoing 2014.. just my 2 cents

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
oranje1.jpg

Look at how huge the current ones are especially the base where it mounts. So clunky. With pedestrian safety laws how they I'm glad they were able to make them sleeker. Side mirrors are just getting oversized these days.
$_57.jpg

Sponsored

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
The exterior of the mirror shape is definitely better. But like on my Fusion, Ford is taking up valuable mirror "space" with that stupid tiny blind spot mirror for people who don't know to aim their mirrors out at @45 degrees as opposed to aiming them straight backwards down the sides.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

I'm a bit fanatical about the misaligned mirror thing.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The exterior of the mirror shape is definitely better. But like on my Fusion, Ford is taking up valuable mirror "space" with that stupid tiny blind spot mirror for people who don't know to aim their mirrors out at @45 degrees as opposed to aiming them straight backwards down the sides.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

I hear you on the misaligned mirror thing. When I get in a customer car and all I can see is the side of the damn car and nothing else I get irritated. But those little mirrors have proven useful when merging with fast traffic here in my area.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Foldable is a key component as well.

Nice to have the turn signal incorporated as well.

These appear far superior over the outgoing mirrors.

Zshazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fiesta ST

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. I've been doing this since I was 17. Completely accident free and have never merged in on someone else, despite never "checking my blind spot" by turning my head. It's totally unnecessary if you have your mirrors adjusted correctly.

The only problem is that whenever I get into someone else's car, they give me this weird look as if I'm the one adjusting them incorrectly.

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
Foldable is a key component as well.

Nice to have the turn signal incorporated as well.

These appear far superior over the outgoing mirrors.
I must have missed that detail. The mirrors will be power folding? :clap2:

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I must have missed that detail. The mirrors will be power folding? :clap2:
No just manual folding I believe. Unless I missed something.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
No just manual folding I believe. Unless I missed something.
My understanding is that electric folding will be provided in some markets - Japan for example, I believe you require them.
Hope electric folding its not only for those large Euro-style mirrors.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. I've been doing this since I was 17. Completely accident free and have never merged in on someone else, despite never "checking my blind spot" by turning my head. It's totally unnecessary if you have your mirrors adjusted correctly.

The only problem is that whenever I get into someone else's car, they give me this weird look as if I'm the one adjusting them incorrectly.
Never adjust someone else's seat or mirrors. You are only allowed to move the seat forward or back.

Zshazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fiesta ST
Never adjust someone else's seat or mirrors. You are only allowed to move the seat forward or back.
It has the memory buttons. I wish more cars came with that. Plus my friends would care more about me making sure I'm comfortable enough with my positioning to not crash their car. Not a problem.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST

Even with the mirrors adjusted properly the little blind spot mirrors (BSM) are actually very useful, at least to me. They're what I look at before I move into another lane.

As for the 45 degree thing, I was taught to adjust the mirror outwards until you have to move your head to see the side of the car in the mirror. I guess that this is roughly 45 degrees.
Sponsored