Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
anyone knows if the interior light kit for the GT350 can be installed by the factory as I dont want a dealer to install it

Interior Light Kit - $249

The available interior lighting kit gives your vehicle an engaging glow by adding flair, individuality and atmosphere to your vehicle, whenever the mood strikes you. The kit includes one LED-generated light in the cupholder area and two light bars in the front footwells. Set the mood by scrolling through your choice of seven color options to create the perfect ambience for any driving occasion.

Dealer accessory prices do not include installation or painting, which may be required for particular items. See additional disclosures.

Vehicle Notes: Not available with ambient lighting.
Sponsored

db1122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350 white w blue
I just stumbled across these forums -

I have an allocation reserved for 10K over invoice. I had to take what the dealer had already ordered (magentic with Tech pack that I would pick anyways, but doesn't have stripe added) + I will have to pay ~1k to have it shipped to me.

I called any dealers listed on cars.com or autotrader. None were selling less than 10k ADM.

Are there any ford employees or wizards on here that know where I could get one for less?

Mine is showing build date of next week... would like to have it sooner than later but with winter around the corner the timing means less

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I just stumbled across these forums -

I have an allocation reserved for 10K over invoice. I had to take what the dealer had already ordered (magentic with Tech pack that I would pick anyways, but doesn't have stripe added) + I will have to pay ~1k to have it shipped to me.

I called any dealers listed on cars.com or autotrader. None were selling less than 10k ADM.

Are there any ford employees or wizards on here that know where I could get one for less?

Mine is showing build date of next week... would like to have it sooner than later but with winter around the corner the timing means less
Must be an Illinois store... ;)

Is that for an R, or for a Base 350? Honestly, if $10K over is the best you've seen, you shouldn't need to look all that much further. I just told one dealer who had held one as a courtesy for me at MUCH less to let it go to someone who had offered far more than I would have paid, but also far less than $10K. They're out there.

Ford is hitting up dealers for orders to build, whether or not they have customers, and it's going to cause a decent supply of inventory units to exist which won't be worth nearly what a open allocation can command. Dealers, apparently like yours, that were asking for the moon are now stuck taking into inventory units they'll need to hope buyers want.

Patience and diligence will serve you well. By the way, 36 striped magnetics already are in the pipe - 30 with black and 6 with blue.

Last edited:

db1122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350 white w blue
Magnetic with black stripe and tech package is what I'm ideally looking for.

Sponsored

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Call Krieger

Typeone

Sinsi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Ford
Just a general question for those who have purchased the GT350...

Are you guys paying the crazy dealer markup on these things? I have been looking at the inventory on a national level and it seems like most dealerships are pricing them $10k+ over MSRP.

Any suggestions as to how I should approach the dealer about that?

Does anyone thing the pricing will settle down for the 2017 model?

Thanks for the insight!

travis1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic with Tech package
I paid 10k over I would say wait. You should be able to get a MSRP or just a little over in the summer. It is a great car. You will love it. Just be patient. You will be happy you did.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I paid MSRP. And yes, this is an amazing car. You will absolutely love it. If you can get one, do it!!! It's the most addictive car I've ever owned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Just a general question for those who have purchased the GT350...

Are you guys paying the crazy dealer markup on these things? I have been looking at the inventory on a national level and it seems like most dealerships are pricing them $10k+ over MSRP.

Any suggestions as to how I should approach the dealer about that?

Does anyone thing the pricing will settle down for the 2017 model?

Thanks for the insight!
Just realize that the dealer is always going to high-ball you. When he throws that $10k over at you they know they're probably not going to get it. When they tell you they have to get that because another dealer offered them that for their allocation they are lying to you (I've heard it from at least 2 dealers.) Because let's face it, if another dealer offered them $10k over they probably would've taken it. With the 2017 MY option packages having been leaked you should be able to do very well on a 2016 MY since a lot of folks are backing out to wait for 2017 MY. I think at this point you should shoot for MSRP or $2-3k over at the most.

Other common salesman BS:
"No, I can't take $x for the car because I've got a guy coming in on <insert day of the week here, probably within a couple of days of the current day> and is offering me $y" (of course, y > x)

Car salesmen are professional liars (there are always exceptions.) You should assume that EVERYTHING coming out of his/her mouth is a falsehood. From the offers they've received to the condition of the car.

Pick a price you're comfortable with and stick to it. Be willing to walk away. Also, don't sign anything or fork over any deposits etc. until you've thoroughly inspected the car. I can't emphasize this last point more.

That's my $.02.

Last edited:

Sponsored

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
does any one have the production numbers? Someone posted about a month ago. I would like to see what they look like at the end of month if someone has the link or can post

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I found a triple yellow with tech, strips, and painted roof up in New York for 62,500.00
It was actually used with 650 miles on it.

I think it was a great price since if I had bought from a dealer even close to msrp I probably wouldn't have paid this much.

I have/also have now a 2015 Triple yellow GT so it was interesting to see the drastic difference in the two. Lost some creature comforts and a few gimmick things from the GT.

PaulFPrime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Lava Red
:headbang: Ordered my plate last week "17 GT350". Ordered my car today. Let the waiting begin. :headbang:
Sponsored