Sponsored

Finally getting suspension goodies installed

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yesterday I dropped off my car at TFB Performance at the Sonoma Raceway (formerly Sears Point). Tim Barber and his crew are known as suspension gurus at the track, and he gave me a very reasonable estimate to install the following goodies and corner balance and align the car afterwards:

-Ford Track Handling Pack (shocks-struts-springs-sway bars-rear toe link bearings)
-Ford Strut Tower Brace and Cowl Brace (my non-PP car does not have it)
-BMR CB005 Cradle Lockout and Steeda dowel kit for CB005
-BMR BK051 Poly Diff Lockout Kit
-Steeda RLCA Bearing
-Steeda Rear Shock Mounts
-J&M Vertical links
-Energy Suspension front sway bar lateral locks

This is the first time I've ever left my car with someone else, so I'm nervous. :) Feel free to provide moral support, fellas!

DennisP
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes- forgot to mention the springs come with the Ford Track Pack, lowers car 1" at all 4 corners. :doh:

no springs?

you'll love the CB005. makes the car feel so much better.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
That's gonna be night and day difference! You'll definitely be cornering on rails after all that.

Sponsored

CRUM178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
DennisP, did you purchase the parts through TFB too or just having them do installation? I'll have to keep them in mind when I start upgrading my suspension.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Very interested to hear your impressions DennisP - once you get everything installed that is.

OP
OP

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Will definitely be posting before/after impressions and pictures showing the new stance.

OP
OP

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I purchased everything myself through various vendors and TFB is just doing the install and alignment. I'm crossing my fingers that it all goes smoothly; will definitely post more impressions of working with them after the work is complete and I drive the car for a bit.

DennisP, did you purchase the parts through TFB too or just having them do installation? I'll have to keep them in mind when I start upgrading my suspension.

OP
OP

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
That's pretty much a complete overhaul of your suspension. The RLCA bearings are going to make it feel way different, as will new springs and shocks. The rear shock mounts are a very good choice. You'll be running a very similar setup to my car. I'd like to see what you think. I'm planning to go to the track with mine in August or September.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Sweet job doesn't look like you missed anything.

OP
OP

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys,
I just got an update from the shop doing my suspension work and they said that they had to order a "special tool" to do the bushing replacement. I assume this involves the toe link and RLCA bushings. Is it really possible that a professional suspension shop at a race track DOESN'T have all of the various bushing removal tools/ presses, etc necessary to do this kind of thing?
I'm a little concerned that they're going to try and pass the cost for buying this onto me.
Am I just being paranoid? What do you guys think?
DennisP

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey guys,
I just got an update from the shop doing my suspension work and they said that they had to order a "special tool" to do the bushing replacement.
DennisP
Just a guess. I'm sure they have a press but the cups to push/receive the bushings need to be a particular size to work. I had to scrounge around the shop to find a socket the right size to get the toe bearing out. FTB, BMR and Steeda all fabricate a tool for the LCA bearing if I'm not mistaken.