MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
Thanks in advance for any help and/or comments everyone. I picked up the MBRP Street XP series exhaust after I bought my car and I think it's great for the money. I've experienced zero drone at all rpms and it sounds great til you hit 4k rpm and then the tone all but disapears (which many already know happens.) Question: is there any axle back that I could just bolt up?(replacing the mbrp mufflers without modding)
Has anyone done something similar? The sound would be a roll of the dice, so I don't know about going that route. I want a solid tone throughout the rpm range.

Thanks
Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
These engines are just plain raspy. I have not found anything that really sounds deep and non raspy the way my 01 GT sounded. The only setup I liked was the stainless works catback but it had resonators for mufflers and was stupid loud once I did cat deletes and then long tubes. Race car loud. Thats when I switched to the MBRP street setup. I can now stand the noise level but agree it is a bit raspy up top. No drone and sounds good down low. I have gotten used to it and it still sounds bad ass just a bit raspy for my taste. I have the h-pipe version.

OP
OP

MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
You're right, it does sound really good. I just wish it was louder up top. I'd take loud raspy over the whisper raspy lol. Since I only have 1200 miles on it and money could be spent elswhere, I'll probably put anything exhaust oriented off for a while. It's hard not to spend money on this car. I like to customize things, so it doesn't help that there is so much aftermarket support out there. Thanks for your respnse! Take care

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
There's no axleback that will bolt up to the MBRP midpipe, not even sure the "race" setup would be a bolt on in the way. What I've seen a few guys do is go with a bullet mufflers behind the "H" in the midpipe to try and tone out the rasp.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Maybe get the race mufflers?

Sponsored

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
Wait a minute, you think the MBRP street exhaust is quiet up top? Yeah, the low rumble transitions to a scream above 4k rpms, but the raspiness is just how the engine sounds. I've always loved how it screams above 4k, it reminds me of nascar at WOT.

OP
OP

MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Wow, yeah lol. Maybe it's just my exhaust, but over 4k it seems quiet. I wouldn't mind loud screaming NASCAR. I guess I need to rev out with Windows down and up and pay attention. Honestly, I've only been to 6k maybe 2 or 3 times. I was more focused on getting on the interstate at the time or I was trying to get use to the car. I only have 1200 miles on my car. But like I said, I need to run more and see.
Thanks

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
Honestly, I've only been to 6k maybe 2 or 3 times. I was more focused on getting on the interstate at the time or I was trying to get use to the car. I only have 1200 miles on my car. But like I said, I need to run more and see.
Thanks
lol yep, that's gonna be the issue if I had to guess. Launch the car and go WOT to 60 mph, redlining 1st and 2nd gear, you'll enjoy it. And yes, it is much louder even with the windows cracked, these cars actually have pretty damn good sound deadening in the cabin.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
If you put long tubes or even just cat deletes on that thing it will be every bit as loud as you want it and then some. I guarantee it!

Sponsored

yohoeimmattbro

Amateur Mexican
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I did catless longtubes with my mbrp street catback and I had to go back to the stock catback. Bloody ears loud-and not a good tone at all. It clapped like a straight pipe chevy truck

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Can someone explain the difference between the XP and Pro version? When I bought mine a year ago the difference was only aluminum, stainless or black on the streets. Now they added all these names haha.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Pro is T304 SS.
XP is T409 SS.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex