Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Spencer00si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150
Thanks Ace. Those photos really make the '15's front look a bit wrong. Problems solved with the '18, eh?

Idk, the 15-17 are still a nice looking car and i still wouldnt mind having one, i just think the 18 looks better and any hp iincrease is just a bonus. I just like how the 18 look less bulky up front and it always seemed like the front was higher than the rear on the 15-17s, now the 18 looks like the front is alittle lower

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Just to make a point...

That's the steeda front, GTRacerX.....

Here are some more comparisons. I think the 2018 looks clearly more aggressive and less bulky
I threw in the Steeda front fascia. It looks so much more sexy. ;)
Heck I am sure the aftermarket will have a fix for that terrible 2018 front fascia they are now calling Darth Vader. So no worries. I ordered my 2017 because I did not want to wait for my car and I don't want to be the beta tester on a new engine and transmission etc ...

I have always bought the three year product of any model. Especially. new tech.
By the time they work out all the bugs on the 2018 the S650 will be on the horizon and I look forward to what Ford has in store for that model.

"This means that while the S650 might be an evolution of the S550 platform, it also means it should be lighter finally and perhaps a bit more refined. The S550 is no doubt the most polished Mustang ever, but even the most recent competitors have shown it can be improved." ;)

Ref: http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2016/03/seventh-gen-s650-ford-mustang-due-in-2020/#.WRJMghjMxs8

http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=8580

:cheers: :ford:

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
A Catfish to me. The 2017 Looks Like JAWS. :cheers:
Weird.

When the '15s were first revealed, there were all kinds of complaints on how the front looked like a fusion. Don't hear that stated much anymore - now it is a thing of beauty - or depending on who you talk to, looks like Jaws.. :).

I suspect the similar will happen to the '18 a year from now.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Using marine life to describe a front fascia ...

Weird.

When the '15s were first revealed, there were all kinds of complaints on how the front looked like a fusion. Don't hear that stated much anymore - now it is a thing of beauty - or depending on who you talk to, looks like Jaws.. :).

JAWS = More aggressive.
Catfish = More passive

:cool:

Sponsored

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Weird.

I was one of those complainers. The S550, at least back then, was underwhelming. It took a while but I grew to like the 15/16/17...even thought about trading my '14 for a '16 DIB 'vert last year but I got cold feet though. I guess it still wasn't compelling enough.

The '18 refresh is different. I liked it immediately, from the nose to the list of some pretty cool options and a few new color choices. Now I'm compelled.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
15-17' = muscular and bold
18' = feminine and refined

I prefer muscular and bold, but if my budget was $40k I'd go with an 18' mainly for the mechanical improvements, not the looks, but I'm a cheap bastard who can only afford a base GT so 15-17' all the way.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
13-14' = muscular and bold
15' = feminine and refined

I prefer muscular and bold, but if my budget was $40k I'd go with an 18' mainly for the mechanical improvements, not the looks, but I'm a cheap bastard who can only afford a base GT so 15-17' all the way.
Fixed it for you.:thumbsup:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Hit the nail right on the head

15-17' = muscular and bold
18' = feminine and refined

EXACTLY !! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
The more pictures I see of it the more terrible it looks.
Thats the same thing people said when the S197 and S550 was released !! It's always the same thing thats said when a nextgen vehicle or refresh is revealed, car after car after car. It's hilarious!! I wonder what people will say when the S650 is revealed? hahahahah :lol:

Last edited:

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Posted this in a new thread...but 10/2 is production start up, 7/17 first orders. What a bummer. That means cars won't even be hitting lots till Nov/Dec.
Bummer, yes. Back to how it always used to be, before the new year models starting coming out in March....I never understood that. :doh:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
They really had to bring a News, so everyone has to post for the hundredth time if they not like the facelift - We get it, just keep your Mustang and everything is fine. Remember that the Facelift will be out there for a very short time with 7th gen releasing 2020.

i-dont-like-thing-ok.jpg

Thanks Ace. Those photos really make the '15's front look a bit wrong. Problems solved with the '18, eh?
It's all a matter of perspecive. People just look at horrible shot facelift pictures and start to hate. The car looks fine, of course you don't have to love it. But I prefer having new designs with every facelift or new gen and not like the stuff Audi or BMW are doing where seeing a new model is always like a Where is Waldo Picture where you have to really search for differences and everything just looks the same

Why couldn't they have just left the hood vents alone? Everything else flows so nicely. Did the old ones have any issues like letting in too much water, or not provide enough air flow?
The Hood vents on the 15' were illegal in europe because of pedestrian safety, so they changed them to offer them in the Export model.

Overall I think both cars look awesome. The 15' is more traditional muscle car in the front, with a huge mouth and a strong (a bit bulky) look. The 18' is more heading towards a sportscar with a bit more agile and aggressive lines.

And please don't tell me a headlight with an eyeliner-reflector is more masculine than eye black-reflectors

Ford-Mustang_GT-2015-1600-0d.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT-2018-1280-02.jpg
Sponsored