Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Front facia still looks like shit.

Hood and headlight changes I can get over but the facia is ugly as hell.

Hate it.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I think the front was designed by a Camaro fan in order to dent Mustang sales, as were the hood vents, spoiler and rims! The quad exhaust looks good though.
Hopefully the mechanical changes will make up for the styling.
Really disappointing as I'm a big Mustang fan and the '15 looked great from the word go. Ford, bring back Moray Callum!

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Front facia still looks like shit.

Hood and headlight changes I can get over but the facia is ugly as hell.

Hate it.

I Agree except for the hood. No way to get over that monstrosity! The dang half @$$ attempt at flowing the body line from the drivers window with its sharp swoop just looks dumb. why didn't they make it flow more like the GT350? Lazy design IMHO. The headlights look good but they, just like the hood lines, don't fit. they don't line up with the natural lines on the side of the car. this refresh is just a mess. I really was hoping it would grow on my from the initial review but the more I look at it the more I notice the imperfections of the design and it stands out more and more each time I see it.

In the end it still is a "mustang" so I am sure they wont have any issues selling them though and I am sure that is what ford is banking on! (pun intended)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I just don't get the upturned chin spoiler. Sits way high.

I can see the aftermarket making a bundle on an improved style.
I mentioned this before, I think Ford has bought shares in a number of aftermarket companies to make even more money from this :ford:

(however I personally like the new look, not as much as the 17, but still).

Sponsored

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
Can't believe how different that orange looks between the auto show/interior pics and then seeing it outdoors. It actually is kind of cool it has so many characteristics... not sure if it's enough to sway me from ruby red, but it is growing on me now. Might be cool to have a "fun" Mustang color on my next one.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I Agree except for the hood. No way to get over that monstrosity! The dang half @$$ attempt at flowing the body line from the drivers window with its sharp swoop just looks dumb. why didn't they make it flow more like the GT350? Lazy design IMHO. The headlights look good but they, just like the hood lines, don't fit. they don't line up with the natural lines on the side of the car. this refresh is just a mess. I really was hoping it would grow on my from the initial review but the more I look at it the more I notice the imperfections of the design and it stands out more and more each time I see it.

In the end it still is a "mustang" so I am sure they wont have any issues selling them though and I am sure that is what ford is banking on! (pun intended)
That's the problem, they already nailed nearly the perfect design with the GT350, but they can't make a $20-40k car look just like the current $60k king of the hill. So they had to try switching it up, to look different than both the GT and GT350, which were both already great designs.

Last edited:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Those hood vents are the only thing I see, they don't even sit flush :shrug:
Yah I don't get how they are satisfied with those. They just look like they are an afterthought. Hopefully some easy mods aftermarket will come out

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
what i like about them is the no 5.0 badges on the fenders
There is still a 5.0 emblem on the fenders of the GT :shrug:

I don't get the facelift hate. It is different, but it started to grow on me and now I like it. Directly from the front I still must get used to the wider grill, but once a bit of perspective comes in I really see what Ford is heading for. The headlights an the front create a much more aggresive and agile look.

And if you really hate the new design you can still buy brand new '17 Mustang until October
15876630_229146137489079_1583969073882988544_n.jpg
comp.jpg

Sponsored

justang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TL
I like everything better except those awful hood vents. What an eyesore! I wish the eco at least came without them so I could swap that hood on a GT, but no such luck.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

I don't get the facelift hate. It is different, but it started to grow on me and now I like it. Directly from the front I still must get used to the wider grill, but once a bit of perspective comes in I really see what Ford is heading for. The headlights an the front create a much more aggressive and agile look.

And if you really hate the new design you can still buy brand new '17 Mustang until October
If you've seen it in person, next to a '15-'17 it bar none looks meaner, more aggressive, sleeker, and the angled rears really help the rear get some good dimension that fills in a lot of the black space.

The current gen front is just dull & there's a reason they went with this due to the Fusion comparisons & also the visibility complaints.

I like everything better except those awful hood vents. What an eyesore! I wish the eco at least came without them so I could swap that hood on a GT, but no such luck.
Hood vents will be easy to mod. I think a standard drop in venting in the open space that is left will look nice. These just have too much dimension. They need to be sleeker and more flush with the hood.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55

I don't get the facelift hate. It is different, but it started to grow on me and now I like it. Directly from the front I still must get used to the wider grill, but once a bit of perspective comes in I really see what Ford is heading for. The headlights an the front create a much more aggresive and agile look.

When posting comparisons I wish people would post PP vs PP.
Wheels, lip/valance, stance all play a part in "aggressiveness". Posting a base vs PP isn't apples to apples. Small/subtle changes for sure, but still affects perception.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Guess it's just a matter of months before there will be better aftermarket hood vents.

Wheels, lip/valance, stance all play a part in "aggressiveness". Posting a base vs PP isn't apples to apples. Small/subtle changes for sure, but still affects perception.
It's hard enough to find right pictures in kind of similar perspectives ;-)

Last edited:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Yes, and the 15-17 looks much more aggresive. Especially the hood. :)
Sponsored