Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Magneride isn't just about performance, it's also about suspension compliance and feel. My GT350 rides worlds better than my friend's WRX which is relatively soft all things considered. And people won't push their car hard enough? lol......okay whatever. Because no one ever goes to track days or high performance driving events. Hell even autocross I can feel a massive difference between Normal, Sport, and Track.
On the Audis, their magneride is awesome...with the different settings really does wonders for the ride.
Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Yep you'd be stupid not to wait. You get the best of both worlds...choosing between the '17 or '18 since we're only about 1.5 months from ordering & about 5-6 for delivery. '18 is a NICE car and I agree it's what the '15 should have been in terms of upgrades/items.
How about value? If he can get a killer deal on a '17 would he still be "stupid"?
The price could climb significantly after throwing on all the options. I think it's all about what is important to him.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
This is the typical response you'd get from someone who already owns a 2015-2017.

I'd be stupid not to wait for a 2018 in my position.

One could also argue the 2015-2017's will be more susceptible to higher PSI in boost than the new ones.
Why is that? I will have had my car for 3 years now. Enjoying it since the day I bought it in 2014.

It is pretty modded, too. Full suspension, big, wide wheels with wide, sticky tires, adjustable dampers, pushing 460RWHP all NA with more to come in the next couple of months when I get my L&M cams and my Holley Sniper ported (should be 480-490RWHP/375RWTQ). Took many trips up and down the East coast. Meet a ton of people from here, Instagram and our local Atlanta S550 club. Took 1st place in the GT class at Ford Nationals in Carlisle last year. All this stuff that would've never happened if I had waited for another revision of the S550.

No doubt the '18MY is going to be a sweet car with MRC and some other changes. You could not pay me to go back and skip on my 2015 S550 custom order. Following the order process on these boards back in 2014 was AMAZING. Those that did the same as me will confirm this, too. Tracking the car in the build, getting the VIN, following the rail cars, etc.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
How about value? If he can get a killer deal on a '17 would he still be "stupid"?
The price could climb significantly after throwing on all the options. I think it's all about what is important to him.
You'll still have to wait a bit for that to happen. Don't count on major discounts during the summer either. After looking at the sales numbers for February, the Mustang is still moving. There aren't many major incentives right now on 17's. I think the biggest discounts will be in December since the Fall release of the 2018.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Magneride isn't just about performance, it's also about suspension compliance and feel. My GT350 rides worlds better than my friend's WRX which is relatively soft all things considered. And people won't push their car hard enough? lol......okay whatever. Because no one ever goes to track days or high performance driving events. Hell even autocross I can feel a massive difference between Normal, Sport, and Track.
Why compare two cars that are worlds different from each other? A Mustang and a WRX? Different platforms, structures, setups, weight, engine sizes, I could go on. The handling characteristics and ride will be different regardless of magneride.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
That's not the question. The question was waiting vs buying now. Now if he got a killer deal now AND didn't care about the '18 options then sure it wouldn't be stupid.

It's up to that person what they wanted out of their options/car/value.

For me, that 10 speed, upgraded interior, digital gauges, were worth waiting for. For others they could care less. To each their own.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Yeah, the boxer isn't the problem. And there's plenty of Subaru's on the road with over 100k miles that'd testify to that.

The boosted motor's weak point is the cast pistons.
Yes - the configuration is derivative of aircraft engines, one still used by Lycoming, et.al.

I'll still take my V8... unless they want to get Rolls Royce to update and package a V12 like those in the '43 Mustang...

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - the configuration is derivative of aircraft engines, one still used by Lycoming, et.al.

I'll still take my V8... unless they want to get Rolls Royce to update and package a V12 like those in the '43 Mustang... ��

1000 pounds more than a 5.0 and needs 100/130 Octane... I'll pass :)

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Why is that? I will have had my car for 3 years now. Enjoying it since the day I bought it in 2014.

It is pretty modded, too. Full suspension, big, wide wheels with wide, sticky tires, adjustable dampers, pushing 460RWHP all NA with more to come in the next couple of months when I get my L&M cams and my Holley Sniper ported (should be 480-490RWHP/375RWTQ). Took many trips up and down the East coast. Meet a ton of people from here, Instagram and our local Atlanta S550 club. Took 1st place in the GT class at Ford Nationals in Carlisle last year. All this stuff that would've never happened if I had waited for another revision of the S550.

No doubt the '18MY is going to be a sweet car with MRC and some other changes. You could not pay me to go back and skip on my 2015 S550 custom order. Following the order process on these boards back in 2014 was AMAZING. Those that did the same as me will confirm this, too. Tracking the car in the build, getting the VIN, following the rail cars, etc.
I didn't order until septemberish 2014 (early December delivery), but, ya, was kind of a neat time on this board.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't order until septemberish 2014 (early December delivery), but, ya, was kind of a neat time on this board.
Loved ordering my Mustang specking it out the way I wanted her :thumbsup:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What may or may not be an interesting note in the contest rules is the 2018 Mustang GT price: "A 2018 Ford Mustang GT (maximum MSRP $41,800)". Usually with contests like this, they give you a base model, but there's no way that's the base price.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
What may or may not be an interesting note in the contest rules is the 2018 Mustang GT price: "A 2018 Ford Mustang GT (maximum MSRP $41,800)". Usually with contests like this, they give you a base model, but there's no way that's the base price.
Probably a GT Premium /w digital gauges, and PP. The same one that the Rock gave that veteran girl, I'm sure. It's probably going to be that terrible orange color too.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Was there some Mach 1 type wheels in that gif ?
Sponsored