Sponsored

Raceseng Weighted Shifter - '17 GT350

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
My shelby shifter from CJponyparts snapped in half during install so I went on a search to find a quality shifter that looks good and serves a purpose. Of all the weighted shifters out there, Raceseng has some of the best looking and best quality shifters on the market. The downside being that they are a bit expensive for a shift knob. The shifter I picked up is their Signature series that comes with a core and a cover. The core serves as an adaptable foundation for interchangeable cover types and colors. It also came with an adapter to mount specifically to my Shelby. They offer two adapters for the 2015+ mustangs, the 12mmx1.25 is for all Mustangs 2015 and up, with the exception of the GT350/GT350R which require a 10mmx1.25. Pretty happy with the purchase and while it's not in everyone's budget, I think it's a good alternative to the leather factory knob.

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I have the same knob. My main gripe is that the delrin doesn't offer much grip and feels kind of uncomfortable at the top for that shape. I had my friend drive my car with it and he mentioned the same thing. He also said it felt like he was holding a wine glass with that knob. Now I can't stop thinking the same thing lol. It does look good and make the shifting smoother though.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I've been trying to convince myself not to buy this knob. I think the looks match the s550 perfectly. It hurts me to think about a knob for that price though. I am currently using a new stubby style gripper knob from MGW. I believe it is made out of textured delrin, the only problem is it is significantly lighter than the stock knob. Does the added weight really help?

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
I've been trying to convince myself not to buy this knob. I think the looks match the s550 perfectly. It hurts me to think about a knob for that price though. I am currently using a new stubby style gripper knob from MGW. I believe it is made out of textured delrin, the only problem is it is significantly lighter than the stock knob. Does the added weight really help?
I think it adds a nice heavy throw to each shift. I'm of the belief that things are better quality when they're heavier.. Unless its Carbon Fiber.. Carbon Fiber is my jam.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Yes the weight makes it feel 10x smoother and this knob really ties in the interior perfectly. They also offer powder coating as well now, so if you have a gt350, they might be able to provide that gun metal color which I think would look awesome. Again, my only qualm with the knob is with the grip. I wish it was either knurled or a softer material rather than the delrin. If raceseng started using a rubber compound or leather instead, I think it would be an absolutely perfect knob.
Sponsored