Sponsored

Hill Assist sticking?

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Anyone had a problem with the hill assist sticking on them? I've gotten used to the thing, so I never bothered to turn it off, but I will today when I go to leave work. Anyway;

The other day when I tried to pull into traffic the car wouldn't move, almost like I'd live the e-brake yanked and tried to start in 3rd, so I switched to neutral real quick, put it back in 1st and it drove off like normal. Kinda chaulked that up to a one off event where I'd probably done something stupid (like start in 3rd).

But this morning, the hill assist held me hard enough that it tried to stall the car, twice, and both times the clutch was slipping trying to move me forward. The second time I had to put the car in reverse to get it to disengage (which I was in a parking lot thankfully, so nobody behind me).

Obviously this is a trip to the dealer type problem (along with my EPAS return to center issue that I've yet to bring the car in for), but I was just curious if anyone else had this happen.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Never had it that bad but yes when on an incline it is a bit aggressive.

OP
OP
FISHTAIL

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I've noticed that before too, and gotten used too it, but this was different. The car needs to go in anyway, so this just goes on the list, but it is weird. I wonder if whatever system is responsible for detecting an incline and is now acting up, is the same one that's preventing the EPAS from returning to center when taking a left turn (and only a left...which makes me wonder if it's related to the crown correction).
Sponsored