Sponsored

LeBra front end cover

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ok...so I ordered this to get less chips while on a road trip and realized at the bottom that it says it does not fit the PP. Is there actually a difference between the front end of the PP and non-PP cars?

http://www.cjponyparts.com/lebra-front-end-cover-v6-ecoboost-gt-2015-2017/p/BRA23/

Even with this one which goes just over the hood they say it doesn't fit the PP which I find odd. I don't know maybe they just never tested it on a PP and that's why they say this or if theres really a significant difference between the PP and non PP

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29472&highlight=lebra
Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
it will scratch your paint instead of having chips. Why not put a clear bra ?

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I think if you have few chips they can do it.
It' s much more expensive than your first idea.
For just a trip the bra you are looking for is correct. But here in Canada i don t see those kind of bra now. Small dirts always manage to go in between the bra and metal panels, and with the wind, movements etc.. it will scratch the paint. And people that keep them for years, the paint color under is different of the other parts exposed to the sun

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
LeBra usage...

There are a lot of variations on the usage of a Bra. My 2008 Toyota has worn a Bra since new. No noticeable scratches on the hood's paint, and no difference in the paint color or shading from the sun. I do wash the car with the bra off and then a double waxing of the hood under the bra. I daily drive it here in Minnesota in all seasons...winter salt and sand.
However, I had a 3M clear plastic layer applied to the front, hood, and sides to the back bumper, on my new Mustang. I probably would have put on a LeBra if my convertible was my DD. I have had several small rocks bounce off the 3M layer leaving a small depression. I don't know how well the 3M layer would protect the paint from daily winter road debris.
Sponsored