Some newb questions

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I am looking at consolidating my two cars (16 fusion and 02 trans am) down to 1 for now and getting a base 17 GT with an auto and the black accent package. I also was wanting to do the FRPP/Roush blower kit at the same time that I buy it but found out today that the dealer I was planning to go through will not do the install. They claim to have been screwed by Roush warranty in the past and refuse to work with them now. So that brings me to my questions..

1. I thought that the 670 blower kit kept the stock Ford warranty so long as the dealership installed it? They are making it sound like the factory warranty would be voided and it would be covered under a Roush warranty. I thought that's what happened with the 700hp+ kit?

2. Is this a common theme that I will see amongst local dealers? I figured being a Ford Racing part that they would not have a problem at all with the install and everything?

3. Is it even worth the effort here or should I buy the car stock and find the blower kit later? I get x plan pricing through my family and was hoping it would keep me around the MSRP of just the base gt price wise for everything as well as offer me factory warranty coverage just like the car was stock. Should I instead look into like a Vortech/Paxton kit or a VMP kit instead and just pay for it myself?

Sorry for the long first post but I have done a ton of reading and thought I had all this planned out lol. I basically wanted to do a local version of that Lebannon Ford setup but get it with x plan pricing and all that which I don't know if they do.
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

1. I thought that the 670 blower kit kept the stock Ford warranty so long as the dealership installed it? They are making it sound like the factory warranty would be voided and it would be covered under a Roush warranty. I thought that's what happened with the 700hp+ kit?
Roush (limited) warranty on the 670 kit

3. Is it even worth the effort here or should I buy the car stock and find the blower kit later?
the latter

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i have the 670 kit, and i just take my car to the dealer if i have any issues.. i did pay for an elevated 100k warranty though so not sure if that means anything.. but i went in and had them replace my 1st and 2nd gear synchros and had no issues at the dealership.

OP
OP

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
i have the 670 kit, and i just take my car to the dealer if i have any issues.. i did pay for an elevated 100k warranty though so not sure if that means anything.. but i went in and had them replace my 1st and 2nd gear synchros and had no issues at the dealership.
Interesting. Did you have the dealership install it or was it already installed when you found the car? I am curious what a normal dealer will try to charge for the install itself..

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Interesting. Did you have the dealership install it or was it already installed when you found the car? I am curious what a normal dealer will try to charge for the install itself..
was already on the car. i bought it used with 1700 miles

Sponsored

OP
OP

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
was already on the car. i bought it used with 1700 miles
That would make things way easier lol. Unfortunately I don't think I will find one used around here with the kit already installed.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
... I also was wanting to do the FRPP/Roush blower kit at the same time that I buy it but found out today that the dealer I was planning to go through will not do the install. ...
You could login to the respective websites and do a dealers search and see if there is other Roush authorized dealers in your area.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
he is right i know there are several dealers that will price out a brand new mustang gt with supercharger for like 38k or something

OP
OP

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You could login to the respective websites and do a dealers search and see if there is other Roush authorized dealers in your area.
I actually forgot about that this morning and just contacted them. Unfortunately there is only one Roush authorized dealer within 250 miles of me. Awaiting a response from them now.:cheers:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I actually forgot about that this morning and just contacted them. Unfortunately there is only one Roush authorized dealer within 250 miles of me. Awaiting a response from them now.:cheers:
Did you search separate for both Ford Racing and Roush ? There is typically a dealer for each type.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did you search separate for both Ford Racing and Roush ? There is typically a dealer for each type.
Is there a specific way to search for actual Ford dealerships that offer Ford Racing parts? I did the dealer search on the ford performance website and the 4 in my state were all small performance shops and not actual dealerships.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is there a specific way to search for actual Ford dealerships that offer Ford Racing parts? I did the dealer search on the ford performance website and the 4 in my state were all small performance shops and not actual dealerships.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-M8627

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/2015-mustang-supercharger.html
http://www.roushperformance.com/help/dealersearch-parts.html

click the dealer search

you could buy the car, drive it around for a year, and then have one of the small performance shops install you a S/C.

OP
OP

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So as an update I talked to a dealer yesterday and also test drove a car (17 gt/cs auto). Numbers wise I can come out at a few dollars over 30k for the car I want (base gt auto with black accent package) with my brother's discount. I can do that and the test drive was awesome. It felt like driving my fusion but with the power of my trans am and no manual transmission drama.

As far as the blower kit, I doubt that I am going to have them work the blower kit into the deal. hey quoted me today 8100 for a Procharger kit installed (didn't say which headunit but I am betting p1sc). He is checking into a Paxton kit as well as the Roush kit. After reviewing the Roush warranty PDF though, it doesn't sound that appealing. Instead I think I woulkd rather get the car and do a couple minor mods this summer (exhaust and MAYBE a tune) and then buy a kit over the winter and install it myself. If I am voiding the warranty anyway I may as well make it a kit that I actually want and makes the power I want.

So thoughts on the pricing? Does that seem like a good deal on the car itself?
Sponsored