Sponsored

16 GT TOTALED ARRGHH!!!!

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
5 month old Black GT Premium got tagged by a 18 year old kid driving with no headlights at night and T-boned my wife and praise God she walked away without a scratch. The kid got a summons, the wife is fine and the car is trashed.

Now we are looking at replacing it with either another black or white GT Premium, or a 17 Daytona Charger 392. Saw the Dodge briefly and it's quite impressive.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Glad your wife wasn't hurt! That's the most important part.
Sorry about the Mustang though. Good luck going forward.

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
Sorry to hear! RIP black beauty. Glad everyone is alright. I'm not trying to push you away from the Stang, but apparently another member just leased a new Hellcat for $600 a month. If you're entertaining Dodge you might wanna consider that option. Prices seem to be coming down with the imminent Demon release. However, my gut would be to stick with the Mustang. Good luck with your new purchase.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
GEEZIS!!!:doh: Glad everyone is fine.:thumbsup: Sorry about your car.:(

OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thank you guys. I'm glad she is fine and all that really matters. As far as leasing goes we both do too many miles to lease or I would lease in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Glad your all ok , possible 18 gt refresh?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Fucker was probably texting on his/her phone. Car can be replaced.
I tell you i see more and more cell phone zombies on the road these days! They got the attention span of a stick! And people are getting killed because of it!

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Make sure both of you get checked out by a doctor, you don't want something coming up a week from now.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Glad she's alright but just say no to the charger...

Sponsored

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Let her test drive. Buy whatever she wants. You can't lose.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
5 month old Black GT Premium got tagged by a 18 year old kid driving with no headlights at night and T-boned my wife and praise God she walked away without a scratch. The kid got a summons, the wife is fine and the car is trashed.

Now we are looking at replacing it with either another black or white GT Premium, or a 17 Daytona Charger 392. Saw the Dodge briefly and it's quite impressive.
I think white is more visible than black.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I think white is more visible than black.
I love my black when it's all nice and polished up and gleaming. You'd think I'd have learned this first time from my black '06 GT what a pain it can be though lol. This is black car #2. Next time around, I'm getting either white, or ingot silver.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I love my black when it's all nice and polished up and gleaming. You'd think I'd have learned this first time from my black '06 GT what a pain it can be though lol. This is black car #2. Next time around, I'm getting either white, or ingot silver.
black looks good, particularly when washed and periodically waxed, but :

https://www.reference.com/vehicles/color-car-accidents-35bc1c8e7f375cd6
What color car has the most accidents?
Quick Answer

A 20-year study updated in 2013 revealed that black cars are up to 47 percent more likely to be involved in an automotive accidents than cars of any other color. This phenomenon is due to the low visibility of black-colored cars, especially during twilight hours

Although i have seen photos posted here of Triple Yellow cars that got rear ended in broad daylight. So you never can tell.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
black looks good, particularly when washed and periodically waxed, but :

https://www.reference.com/vehicles/color-car-accidents-35bc1c8e7f375cd6
What color car has the most accidents?
Quick Answer

A 20-year study updated in 2013 revealed that black cars are up to 47 percent more likely to be involved in an automotive accidents than cars of any other color. This phenomenon is due to the low visibility of black-colored cars, especially during twilight hours

Although i have seen photos posted here of Triple Yellow cars that got rear ended in broad daylight. So you never can tell.
I believe it lol. People are blind, and the people here LOVE to try to just merge right in on top of you even in broad daylight. Although these idiots pull that on me in my blindingly bright white Explorer as much as they do my black GT. I always run my lights during twilight hours and even just overcast days if it'll help. But yup, I'm sure it's a contributing factor. And I'm sure it's not the only color. Even I've noticed grey cars tend to blend right in with the pavement if it's the right hue of grey.
Sponsored