Sponsored

Jeff B's GT350 Manifold / JLT Intake and Lund tune install

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I'd be overly happy with those numbers! It takes a miracle to make torque with these engines. Just look at the torque on the old BMW S65 4.0 in this graph. You want to talk about nothing..

Then look at the M5 S85 V10, 5.0 engine.

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] or anyone who knows, how much E.T. and MPH are people seeing in the 1/4 when they add the GT350 and intake?

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] or anyone who knows, how much E.T. and MPH are people seeing in the 1/4 when they add the GT350 and intake?
I'm about to find out this spring.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Should see 2 or 3

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Should see 2 or 3
Terry how much more power could I see with this setup... if instead of the cats and post-headers step down to factory diameter tubing... I did cat deletes and put on a new exhaust that is true 3" all the way back?

What's the quietest 3" system?

Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
12.40 at Milan in Michigan.

Evil 5.0 what's your full setup getting you 430rwhp?
Lund tune on 93 octane, jlt cai, full ARH exhaust without cats.

My debate is the intake now or what for a whipple...

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
For sure. I think we're absolutely on the same page in terms of the role dynos play as tuning tools and what a manifold change will do to the powerband.

My comment stems from seeing a couple of recent threads showing Lund dynos with what I perceive to be low TQ for the mods. My questions are based on the desire to figure out if this is all in my head, or if etunes just don't allow for the massaging necessary to achieve optimal VCT manipulation. To be fair, I have self interest in this because I plan to transition to an intake/tune very soon and I'm trying to figure out which vendor will offer the best optimization, or if I should just look for a proper dyno tune from a shop with coyote experience.

OP has a well thought out mod path and I would do a similar set of mods if I was ready to take that direction for my vehicle. Doing the OPGs is safe insurance and I did it on my '14 5.0 soon after swapping on my CJ manifold. The extra powerband is fantastic and it will change the driving experience. Assuming he has 3.73s, that FD will now shine.
While these gains are great no one can argue with that, I believe I'm the one who put some of this in your head.

With out Tevaburns posting a log from the final tune from a pull you cant see if it has the typical email tune knock or basically stock VCT numbers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Terry how much more power could I see with this setup... if instead of the cats and post-headers step down to factory diameter tubing... I did cat deletes and put on a new exhaust that is true 3" all the way back?

What's the quietest 3" system?
lots are 3", but they still neck down, you could cut out the neckdown.

magnaflow street, borla touring, mbrp street

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
At 6500rpm the stock manifold peaks at 413hp then falls on its face. From 6500rpm The GT350manifold continues to climb with another 1300rpms of useable power band and and peaks at 436hp. Don't get wrapped up in hard numbers because every dyno is different. The Gt350 manifold completely changes the character of the coyote. 23 HP peak to peak isn't bad, and getting another 1300rpms of pure pull is huge.

What would this mean for an automatic trans car?

6500 + 1300 = 7800

Correct me if I am wrong but stock auto red line is 7200 and max recommended I have been told is 7300 RPM. So will the GT350 Mani do any good on an auto at these numbers?

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
What would this mean for an automatic trans car?

6500 + 1300 = 7800

Correct me if I am wrong but stock auto red line is 7200 and max recommended I have been told is 7300 RPM. So will the GT350 Mani do any good on an auto at these numbers?
the engine in an auto and a manual is the same engine, factory rpm vs what guys are wanting to push to are the same

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
While these gains are great no one can argue with that, I believe I'm the one who put some of this in your head.

With out Tevaburns posting a log from the final tune from a pull you cant see if it has the typical email tune knock or basically stock VCT numbers.
You sure did : ) It led me to spend some time researching.
Trying to set up a baseline on a local Dynojet next week, so I can track my progress as some mods go on this spring. Would like to refer back to this thread and others for benchmarks.

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
the engine in an auto and a manual is the same engine, factory rpm vs what guys are wanting to push to are the same
It's not about the engine. It's about the trans. So question still stands to anyone in the know.
Sponsored