Sponsored

My collision..

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
My experience is enough evidence for me and personally thats all I care about, you can point out the difference in "evidence" all you want. The fact that the OP had an attempted mugging proves the point in my mind. Also I am currently living in Rural WV and some places are just crap holes...WV is one of them due to the drug problems. So its not just a difference between rural and city. Bad is bad

Not sure where you think cites are the only place you can find diversity and job options...landscapes must be a joke since cites all look the same and living choices..seriously..unless your somewhat well off you dont get much choice. More then a slightly highe5r chance of crime as well.... You should get out more and broaden your world view...seems kinda small.

Sorry for the thread jack OP. Seriously glad your ok.
Your definition of "city" seems to be "densely developed downtown urban area", which is just one of the handful of different types of areas you can live in a city. Also, if you don't understand the diverse supply of jobs a city provides compared to rural areas, then we may be at an impasse. There are many jobs that you are going to find far more easily in a large city than in BFE. Not to mention the greater diversity in the actual people who live there. As of last I read about this (AND based no personal experience), neither of those statements is an opinion. They are facts. Good luck finding an Indian American like me living in rural Texas.

EDIT: Also forgot to address your issue with crime rate. This is exactly why going by anecdotal evidence is so problematic (even though I understand it's hard not to do in some cases). In fact, by many metrics, cities are actually safer than rural areas. Violent crime rates are higher (talking about a .2% chance versus a .5% chance of being a victim of a violent crime), but property crime (like what the OP is describing) is not significantly difference. But the risk of injury as a combination of violent crime and other accidents actually is actually slightly higher in rural areas:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-in-crime-rate-in-rural-and-urban-areas
http://science.time.com/2013/07/23/...ut-that-cities-are-the-safest-places-to-live/

And of course, most of those crime rate issues can be avoided if you just pick the right places to live.

... Anyways, Imma do my best to stop now before we get much deeper into this tribalistic city vs country argument, heh.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT Premium
man this sucks. glad you're ok and to the scum who tried to rob you... hopefully they'll get whats coming to them. uninsured unlicensed drivers are probably my biggest pet peeve. this has motivated me to get a dash cam with multiple inputs so crap like this can at least be monitored.

stay positive
steve

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
this has motivated me to get a dash cam with multiple inputs so crap like this can at least be monitored.
Cameras don't do anything. Other than maybe prove you're at fault in a situation!!!:lol:

hegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT Premium
What would having a cam of done?
in this case... nothing. but it is yet another reminder that people can be scum and I know from personal experience that insurance fraud is a thing and people will do whatever they can to get a quick buck. I had been considering a dashcam for a while but hearing about those people pushed me over the edge

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
What the flying fuck? No morals at all...
Sponsored