Sponsored

Flywheel warranty

Bigbad5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red PP GT
has anyone gotten their fly wheel replaced under warranty? I see its under the premium care. I had a ford service advisor drive my car and said it feels like I have got spots on the fly wheel that might be causing the chatter in the clutch pedal. anyone have this issue. had a clutch replaced at 20k miles now its 30k and having this issue.
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
What kind of chatter are you feeling? Have not had anything replaced or worked on, at 25.5k, but have a vibration through the clutch petal that has been there for a while.

OP
OP

Bigbad5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red PP GT
You have some vibration through the clutch pedal ? The ford service advisor said for my situation it feels like a flywheel hot spots. Is it something I could live with for a while i.e. Through winter probably. Supposedly if you have
Extended premium and new vehicle limited warranty the fly wheel should be covered.

What kind of chatter are you feeling? Have not had anything replaced or worked on, at 25.5k, but have a vibration through the clutch petal that has been there for a while.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
has anyone gotten their fly wheel replaced under warranty? I see its under the premium care. I had a ford service advisor drive my car and said it feels like I have got spots on the fly wheel that might be causing the chatter in the clutch pedal. anyone have this issue. had a clutch replaced at 20k miles now its 30k and having this issue.
you get a new flywheel with the clutch?
was the clutch covered under warranty?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
You have some vibration through the clutch pedal ? The ford service advisor said for my situation it feels like a flywheel hot spots. Is it something I could live with for a while i.e. Through winter probably. Supposedly if you have
Extended premium and new vehicle limited warranty the fly wheel should be covered.
I have had it in to two different dealers and they claimed it was "normal". Has been years since I have driven a clutch, so what I am feeling may be. Seems to vibrate at high frequency and more under heavy use.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have had it in to two different dealers and they claimed it was "normal". Has been years since I have driven a clutch, so what I am feeling may be. Seems to vibrate at high frequency and more under heavy use.
I have the exact same problem. Been like this for quite a while. The higher the rpms the worse the high freq buzz through clutch. Usually felt in between shifts so tells me its a either a pilot bearing/throw out bearing/ flywheel unbalanced or pressure plate glazed. Just like you, dealership said it was normal. 22 years of driving manuals but its normal.

Its documented so now I just drive the piss out of it. She'll let go, just a matter of time.
Sponsored