Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
They can be made to fit on a 5.0 with mounts or trimming the hood or aftermarket hood.

I still dream of an itb voodoo but i dont think anyone has done one.
Well here's the problem on a gt350 mustang.
1) The core support and hood are over 1" lower on a gt350 vs GT. No aftermarket hoods are available for a GT350.
2) The oil pan on the 5.2 is larger and deeper and you CAN NOT lower the engine more than 3/8" the clearance is only about 5/8-3/4" now. You do not want solid motor mounts on a 5.2 with flat plane crank. To many vibrations.
3) Nobody makes a set of cams for this kind of cfm flow on a NA motor.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Well
I can start inquiring about voodoo specific cams. I'm not sure what the difference is between voodoo and coyote/non voodoo cams is

Maybe some one can enlighten me and I'll see what my core supplier can do
The 5.2 cams are 14mm stock. Good luck. Also, the firing order between the 5.0 and 5.2 flat plane crank are different. So that means the cams are not interchangeable between engines. Although you can get GT350 spec cams ground for a 5.0 firing order from ford performance.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I've spoke with hogan manifolds last December (2015) when I trial fit the cobra jet to my gt350 and they can custom make any kind of intake to work. Starting at $3800.00 and up. Not including throttle body(s), and fuel rails.

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I've spoke with hogan manifolds last December (2015) when I trial fit the cobra jet to my gt350 and they can custom make any kind of intake to work. Starting at $3800.00 and up. Not including throttle body(s), and fuel rails.
I was thinking the new holly intake modified with a flange to except the Cobra jet mono blade throttle body and Revauto's CAI would be a good option? That with some custom grinds and ported heads would get us close to 600whp.

OP
OP

Scp-steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gtpp
At 551 lift. Which is what 14mm equates to these heads flow well
I did not flow them past .600 for that reason

The gains across the board are usable

I'll contact my grinder about some cores. See if they can come up with something

551 lift for a four valve engine is massive btw. I believe these heads will be used on a boosted application btw.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking the new holly intake modified with a flange to except the Cobra jet mono blade throttle body and Revauto's CAI would be a good option? That with some custom grinds and ported heads would get us close to 600whp.
600 isn't that far off. My car has only ARH long tubes and a catless x pipe, Lund tune and Sunoco 260gt 100 octane race gas. I pulled 536rwhp. Watson said their dyno takes about 13.5% that's a calculated 620 crank hp. I know that sounds like a big number but I'm going by their two tuners.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
At 551 lift. Which is what 14mm equates to these heads flow well
I did not flow them past .600 for that reason

The gains across the board are usable

I'll contact my grinder about some cores. See if they can come up with something

551 lift for a four valve engine is massive btw. I believe these heads will be used on a boosted application btw.
I agree with you. I'm not sure what the duration is at .050 or advertised. My original plan was to build a 700 crank hp NA voodoo flat plane crank engine. But nobody has the cams or intake available. Well custom yes.
I'd like to build a new from scratch 5.2 flat plane with 13.0+ compression, cams, induction, bulletproof bottom end.
I've already dropped nearly 200 pounds from my car. I'd also like to get my hands on a sequential trans.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
What size is the finished combustion chamber? Do you know how thick the deck surface is? How much can be milked from the deck to get 13.0:1 compression?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Scp-steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gtpp
Chambers I'll have to cc for you
The deck I'll measure also

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Really nice port and polish work. I hope it makes a significant difference. I have high hopes for 600 whp NA in the near future!

OP
OP

Scp-steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gtpp
Thanks
These would support that level with ease

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Are doing any reshaping or just removing the endmill cutter ridges?

OP
OP

Scp-steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gtpp
We left the chambers as is. Just removed the steps
U shrouded the valves a bit yes. But as you can see from the scrub the chamber is almost at the bore size
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.