Sponsored

Center gauges - what do you have as default?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I just exited a lease on a 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE. It is much more user-friendly and comfortable as a DD. It sounds great with the Roush axle backs as well. With my other car in the center it had multiple different options and I would always have it set to the G meter, or MPH bc the dashboard was very poorly planned and the person that designed the interior of that car should be water boarded. In this car there really doesn't seem to be anything of interest such as miles per hour or a compass or anything of that nature. I have in set to A/F ratio. I am interested in hearing your thoughts, and seeing how you guys/gals have your shizzle set up.

Thank you
Usually its "Trip 1". But I am always flicking around.:headbonk:
Sponsored

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I have mine set to the TPMS info on my tires usually. I was usually sitting on the trip info, but lately people have been picking up nails and screws and shit in the lot at work, and I've had to pull and plug 3 tires now. It's pissing me off. So now I keep an eye on that to make sure I didn't catch another of the filthy buggers.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I don't get it, either. It's not like you need to know to the exact mph how fast you're going.

Norm
In an ideal world... sure. But sometimes you have law enforcement who feel like messing your day up for 5 mph over.

The stock analog gauge is garbage, and is a PITA to get a reading at a quick glance. Maybe I just suck at reading speedos, but this mustang's speedo is the only one I've ever had an issue with.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The stock analog gauge is garbage, and is a PITA to get a reading at a quick glance. Maybe I just suck at reading speedos, but this mustang's speedo is the only one I've ever had an issue with.
That probably isn't just you or the S550. Under some lighting conditions speedometer (and tach) legibility isn't very good in my car either. That's where a screen representation of analog gauges could be better, provided that it's of adequate size.

In my experience anyway, as long as you're inside the 5 mph band immediately above "the number", there isn't much worry. Chances are that your OE speedometer reads a little fast anyway unless you've installed taller tires.

Norm

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
That probably isn't just you or the S550. Under some lighting conditions speedometer (and tach) legibility isn't very good in my car either. That's where a screen representation of analog gauges could be better, provided that it's of adequate size.

In my experience anyway, as long as you're inside the 5 mph band immediately above "the number", there isn't much worry. Chances are that your OE speedometer reads a little fast anyway unless you've installed taller tires.

Norm
Well, speedo would be fine if it was slightly angled towards the driver since it's recessed anyway. You're still right, in the real world, a few mph shouldn't matter and I'm complaining about something relatively minor. Frankly if I'm in a situation where law enforcement is prowling around, I set my cruise control and don't worry about it. A digital speedometer is always something nice to have, even if you don't regularly use it. With all the other stats displayed, it was an obvious oversight not to include, which they fixed with the gt350 but didn't carry into the 16-17 models.

My OE speedo is on the money though. I've recalibrated it several times as I've changed tires, and it matches with my gps and phone within 1 mph. Good enough for me.

Previous mustangs had some godawful font choices for the speedo... so I guess crappy speedos are traditional.

OP
OP

pb29590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiun PP
My daily drive to work is 24 miles round trip. 20 of them are on the Florida turnpike. The only times there are no state troopers with radar is when it is raining. So yes, MPH is pretty important to me and more so to the cops. I'm happy for those of you who don't have to deal with that. In regards to my original question- I set it to track apps today and that seemed to suffice, although I will continue to play around.

ArmyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT/CS
Since I'm in Europe right now I'd love to have a speed screen that I could set to KPH. Hard to read the numbers on the inner ring. The wife's Q3 has it and it is a great feature IMO.

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Everybody goes ga-ga over Digital Displays, yet they aren't even REAL Digital Displays. I lived through the 80's, and I remember the real deal. :D
lebaron.jpg

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Tire pressures.

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
BOOOOOOOST!!!

Or TPMS (tho, those kinda freak me out with cali weather and their wild fluctuations)

Sometimes i leave it on the display which displays all the info

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
BTW, there is no default, You have to set the gauge screen at each startup.
I believe this is incorrect. I have my set to oil temp for the mornings and it's always where I left it.
Sponsored