Sponsored

Center gauges - what do you have as default?

pb29590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiun PP
I just exited a lease on a 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE. The mustang is much more user-friendly and comfortable as a DD. It sounds great with the Roush axle backs as well. With my other car in the center it had multiple different options and I would always have it set to the G meter, or MPH bc the dashboard was very poorly planned and the person that designed the interior of that car should be water boarded. In this car there really doesn't seem to be anything of interest such as miles per hour or a compass or anything of that nature. I have in set to A/F ratio. I am interested in hearing your thoughts, and seeing how you guys/gals have your stuff set up.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
You need to look at the track apps in the center display.
Lots of interesting things there.
And the MPH has a very large round gauge, maybe you missed it.
BTW, there is no default, You have to set the gauge screen at each startup.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
When I had my 12' Camaro 1 SS it was nice to have a digital spedo in the center display. it was a nice feature and I wish the Mustang had something similar but it's not that big of a deal. I think Ford could of put one since other models like the Escape has it.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I don't get why some people get all upset about not having a digital mph in the center. :shrug:
My 16 350 has a digital MPH in center cluster, I've used it once!!!

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
75342376.jpg

For the center gauge I have it display all off them at once. (A/F, cylinder head temp, etc.)

Last edited:

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I don't always look at the speedometer, but when I do I prefer analog.

For the center gauge I have it display all off them at once. (A/F, cylinder head temp, etc.)
^This. When I glance down at my gauges I'm not looking to read a number. I only look to see where the needle is. That's why in most race cars you will see analog gauges. If you look at the gauges in, say a NASCAR car, you'll also see that all the gauges are rotated so that when the readings are all in the normal range all the gauge needles point in the same direction. Drivers don't want to take the time to look down, read a number, then interpret that number as being normal or outside the norm.
Digital gauges are nice and I even like HUDs but it's not also necessary or better.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^This. When I glance down at my gauges I'm not looking to read a number. I only look to see where the needle is. That's why in most race cars you will see analog gauges. If you look at the gauges in, say a NASCAR car, you'll also see that all the gauges are rotated so that when the readings are all in the normal range all the gauge needles point in the same direction. Drivers don't want to take the time to look down, read a number, then interpret that number as being normal or outside the norm.
Digital gauges are nice and I even like HUDs but it's not also necessary or better.
^^^This.

The gauges in the race car were rotated so all the needles pointed up when in range. A quick glance is all you have time for except in the straightaways.

OP
OP

pb29590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiun PP
Good info- for the most part. I will put it on Track Apps today and see if I can get a feel for it.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/PP
I do mostly short, around town trips. I've been displaying the head temp gauge so I can get a feel for when the car is warmed up a bit and as I prefer not to pound the throttle on a cold engine.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I don't get why some people get all upset about not having a digital mph in the center. :shrug:
I don't get it, either. It's not like you need to know to the exact mph how fast you're going.

Norm

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I don't get it, either. It's not like you need to know to the exact mph how fast you're going.

Norm
I agree with you. But we are in a digital world and most of the youngins nowadays like that stuff.:thumbsup:
I guess I do too, to a certain extent. But in my opinion, nothing looks as good as a cluster of actual gauges.:cheers:

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I remember digital gauges from the 80's and you couldn't read those damned things in direct sunlight with polarized sunglasses.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I think about it the two times I look at the speedometer is when I see a cop or am in a school zone. The Jeep speedometer is so far off actual that it is pointless. Fortunately it reads high.
Sponsored