Sponsored

Restoring Matte Vinyl Stripes

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg
Anyone use any products to maintain or restore matte black vinyl?

I done messed up. I was cleaning some tree sap off of my truck and noticed a little on the mustang's black matte vinyl stripes. I used a little bit of goo gone and it took the sap right off but it also took a little of the matte finish off the stripe. No Bueno!!!

Closest thing I've found so far is an Adams product called SVRT. I haven't used it though. Wondered if anyone else has used this product or a different product for faded matte vinyl stripes.

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
The goo gone may have "melted" the matte texture of the vinyl itself. Ive had this happen on other plastic and rubber type things thats why it says to test it. I would also think goo gone would have a chance to undo the vinyl adhesion itself.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I use meticulous matte (chemical guys) to clean my matte guitar. Works great. But like someone said, goo gone probably melted the strip and that's why it looks gloss.

OP
OP
Salt Ninja

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg
I'll have to try the meticulous matte from Chemical Guys.

Yeah, some of the black from the stripe transferred to my towel so it likely took the top matte finish off, or melted it leaving it glossy. I would hate to have to have the hood stripe redone.
Sponsored