Sponsored

Steeda's New Adjustable Front Coil Over Kit

slink914

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco
The race teams may weld the perch's in addition to bolting them in, just guessing.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
These are very nice :headbang: You guys just keep the goodies coming don't you lol
Yes, it helps when we can design, engineer, manufacture & track test our parts ... all in house & right here in the U.S.A!

:thumbsup:

More to come!!

Best Regards,

TJ

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
What??????????????????? If done right, there are no issues. All the Ford Racing S550 cars have a rear coilover
Ford Racing can afford to monitor and replace broken parts.

The FACT is that the shock mounting points were NOT designed for a coilover.

The Ridetech bracket requires you to drill holes into the frame and insert rivnuts. Nevermind you can never return to stock without leaving two rust-prone holes in your frame (which I care about, personally), you are required to use the same rivnuts design, just larger in diameter, that I used when installing speakers in a car door and can strip and break with just the small bolt, if I wanted to. I should hope the metal used with their rivnuts is not as soft, which I'm sure is the case. Frankly the Ridetech bracket is the only bracket design for a true coilover for these cars that I have any real faith in. I think the AFE bracket is interesting, as it sort of helps eliminate the sheer force from those bolts by being closer to the frame, but all accounts I've heard state that they make notable noise. I would be comfortable using a Steeda shock mount for a coilover, since that is much stronger and the bearing won't make noise.

The issue I have most concern with - when considering true coilovers in the back - is the lower shock mount on the control arm. I am not comfortable, personally, mounting a coilover with a couple little bolts torqued to 35 ft lbs, especially with the play those particular bolts have within the mounting holes. Again, hopefully true coilover setups provide larger bolts that can be torqued more to ensure there's enough pressure that they do not ever move. Then, of course, there's the ability of that particular area of the control arm to bear all of these forces. Considering the very brittle metal makeup of the control arm... not a fan. I have to believe that part of why KW has TUV approval for their coilovers (not easy to get) is because they don't use a true coilover design in the back.

I don't personally understand the obsession with a true coilover in the back on this particular car. With an adjustable perch, you get the height adjustability, and using a shock in the back for your dampening adjustability, you have all that you need. Plus, sometimes you can avoid advancing a class in AutoX even though you have a coilover up front but not a true coilover in the back. On my Honda daily, the rear shock/spring is effectively a strut and I'd have no issue replacing it with a performance coilover since there isn't a design intention to have a spring closer to the middle of the car.

These are on my list after giving another season to my Pro-Action Adjustables, which have so far been a great investment (if you can call buying car parts an investment). I wish I could adjust rebound and compression with them, but... let's be honest... I don't need it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I agree completely. My KW are amazing with zero noise. The only downfall to this type of height adjustment is the subframe has to be dropped a bit to allow adjustment of the perch because if you don't it will just spin in place. Maybe Steeda will take it one step further and have us pin the adjustable perch to the top spring mount so the height adjustment can be done without having to drop the subframe some to do it. I would still prefer this type of rear setup over putting the spring outside of the LCA where it was not designed to be. I look forward to the outcome and reviews to follow I'm sure they will be great.

As TJ stated, Steeda is the only company I can think of that can make just about any product they want. They are not a one tric pony and it shows with the products and cars that have been pouring out of them for almost 30 years!

Last edited:

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
IMHO, the big question is - which spring rates should we pick? A guide? That'd be lovely. I know I can call up Steeda Tech and get the advice, but some people clearly have phone-phobia...

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
IMHO, the big question is - which spring rates should we pick? A guide? That'd be lovely. I know I can call up Steeda Tech and get the advice, but some people clearly have phone-phobia...
Agreed, and this topic is mostly subjective. The benefit of having compression and rebound along with preload options gives the end user so much adjustability to dial in pretty much what ever they are looking for.

No doubt in my mint they will have the knowledge on board to help each customer make the right decision.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I agree completely. My KW are amazing with zero noise. The only downfall to this type of height adjustment is the subframe has to be dropped a bit to allow adjustment of the perch because if you don't it will just spin in place. Maybe Steeda will take it one step further and have us pin the adjustable perch to the top spring mount so the height adjustment can be done without having to drop the subframe some to do it. I would still prefer this type of rear setup over putting the spring outside of the LCA where it was not designed to be. I look forward to the outcome and reviews to follow I'm sure they will be great.

As TJ stated, Steeda is the only company I can think of that can make just about any product they want. They are not a one tric pony and it shows with the products and cars that have been pouring out of them for almost 30 years!
Thank you for the feed back, I referred your input to our team.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Can they work without camber plates?
What's the working ride height range with say a 175# spring?
Double adjustable as in separate knobs?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Can they work without camber plates?
What's the working ride height range with say a 175# spring?
Double adjustable as in separate knobs?
They come with Steeda Camber plates only.

Fully adjustable ride height with 175 lb spring, stock ride height to approximately 2" lower.

Single adjustable knob for rebound.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What front spring rate would you recommend to match your linear rear springs with adjustable Pro Actions in the rear? Very spirited mountain road driving and 3 HPDEs a year, On 200 TW tires. And any chance the price of Pro Action rear shocks coming down in price if bought as a combo with the coilovers?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
What front spring rate would you recommend to match your linear rear springs with adjustable Pro Actions in the rear? Very spirited mountain road driving and 3 HPDEs a year, On 200 TW tires. And any chance the price of Pro Action rear shocks coming down in price if bought as a combo with the coilovers?

Order them with the 200 lbs/in springs. You will be extremely happy!

slink914

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco
Did not see 175Lbs as an option what do you suggest for an Ecoboost, I believe stck is 145lbs, not sure thought.

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What would be the recommended spring rates for a street driven track car?

Will these front coilovers work with Maximum Motorsport Camber Plates?

I wish you released the entire kit so I can buy it all at once!
Sponsored