GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
After seeing all the information rolling out about the 2018 Ford Mustang GT's - I think I am going to put off my purchase of a 2017 until latter in the year.
I was not a fan when I first saw the video. I thought the sharp angles looked like some other import I can't recall at this time. But the one thing I thought about the 2015-2017 models is that some of the design elements did not make sense.The hood reminds me of a 90's Ford Mustang - always thought it was out of place even when looking at it from inside. The front fascia looked odd like the fog lights and turn signals were an after thought for the Ford design team. The shapes did not make sense there. I like everything else under the sheet metal, including the digital dash. I am hard core retro guy, but at some time you have to look to the future. Not sure about the 10-speed auto come to think about it. Would have to drive one to completely sell me on giving up my 6-speed manual. on the 2018 Ford Mustang I really think Ford got it right, just takes time to have people get use to it. I love the new hood !!! Hate the rear spoiler !! But heck I would never order my Stang with one - the rear on this car does not need anything extra - Its just right !

So should I wait for the 2018 or get a 2017 at a discounted price when the 2018's are out?

Either way I think I am going with Lighting Blue color.
18MST_Gallery_07_1250.jpg
17_FRD_MST_200040.JPG
Sponsored

Klier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
A new one is always better than the old one...
I'd take the new version for sure.

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost with PP
im in same position but i want ecoboost

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Maaannn I'm in the same boat. I was actually wondering how long it was gonna take for someone to start this thread--LOL. I ordered a GT (my 2nd) last week. If you look at my sig, you can tell I've been waiting for a bit. I'm still undecided though. I like the new design and, like most people on this site, the front end is growing on me. I just don't think I can stand to wait until Fall to take delivery but it would be worth it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yea I might get one after I get a test drive and wait for 0% financing which is at the end of the 18's run usually. My current 15 will be paid off. Hopefully they will have the previous issues sorted out like the panel gaps etc. on the 15-16's.

Really liking the idea of a GT PP in 10 speed auto, mag ride, active exhaust and digital gauges. Will get one in either oxford white, ingot silver or possibly lighting blue or kona blue.

Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Hard choice....Problem is you have to look at the car everyday and so does everyone else. New Stang does have some great new features...10spd auto..stronger engine..new dash...better suspension...dat ass...except for the wing..eww. The nose and the hood just throw the whole thing off for me.

It all depends on what YOU want out of the car. Sounds like you really like the 18...and there is always aftermarket for the things you dont like. Enjoy

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
if you are waiting and aren't buying now. i'd wait for 18 truthfully. You can't go wrong either way.

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'd wait for the 18 if you can. Lot's of new goodies. While not everything can please everyone... me included. As a whole the new car is a pretty bad ass package. I personally want to see the the GT500 and whatever Special edition cars they put out.

If you shop around I would bet you can get an 18 at invoice or better.

When the '13 redesign came out I liked it over the '11 and'12 GT's.
I bought one for invoices minus rebates right when they were getting delivered to dealers.

Yeah the remaining '17's will more than likely be heavily discounted... but at the end of the day the '18 is still just a regular high production S550 and dealers need to move metal to pay the bills.

LightningBlue17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, Lightning Blue
LOL, it's your choice! I didn't wait - got my 17 in July and love it! Lightning Blue is a great color, IMHO!

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Wait for the 18

If you get 17, you most probably are going to start regretting your purchase after you start seeing the 18s on the road, especially when you see your 1st modded version.

Sponsored

xjester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem w/PP
Similar situation.

MY18 will have some significant leaps forward with the new engine, trans options/changes and suspension. Part of me is really excited for that, part of me is a bit scared. New stuff is buggy and comes at a premium. It also sounds like Ford is starting to offer many more ways to customize your Mustang with quite a few factory options. How far this goes is not yet known but does point at being able to craft one hell of a Mustang right out of the box. Also, some of those wants, like active exhaust for example, will likely be cheaper than an aftermarket variant. That's a big plus in both ways.

MY17 is a known quantity. You know what you are getting. Pricing is better, with some very low mile used options and likely a 0% option around the corner soon on new. Also, the aftermarket is alive with options. With the changes we know about, if modding is a thing that you want to do, might be a slight delay on good parts or tunes to dabble in. 17 doesn't have that issue. Also, maybe going 17 and getting the price break ends up making a MY20 more viable around the corner? Enjoy a 17 for 3 years with an upgrade option? Not a bad path either.

But alas, I keep going back and forth as well.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
The 18's look better to my eye every day. The first leaked release I was like, wtf? But now after seeing so many Ford official pics, I think it looks pretty good. And that's before any mods.

Not to mention all the benefits you'd get with the newer optional technology.

If not waiting for the all new 2020 car, I'd def go 2018 over 2017.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I'd wait for the 18 if you can. Lot's of new goodies. While not everything can please everyone... me included. As a whole the new car is a pretty bad ass package. I personally want to see the the GT500 and whatever Special edition cars they put out.

If you shop around I would bet you can get an 18 at invoice or better.

When the '13 redesign came out I liked it over the '11 and'12 GT's.
I bought one for invoices minus rebates right when they were getting delivered to dealers.

Yeah the remaining '17's will more than likely be heavily discounted... but at the end of the day the '18 is still just a regular high production S550 and dealers need to move metal to pay the bills.
If anyone hasn't bought yet, I lease do yourself a favor and wait. If you don't care for the styling now, you WILL. And the engine and transmission will be leaps and bounds ahead.

No one will regret waiting. Well...except for Ford.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If not waiting for the all new 2020 car, I'd def go 2018 over 2017.
People keep referring to the S650 as a "2020 model", but it will be a 2021 model coming out fall of 2020.

So the refreshed S550 will be a 3 year run - 2018, 2019 & 2020.
Sponsored