Cleaning caring for the black plastic lip on the PP

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
What products and/or techniques are best for cleaning the black exterior plastic on my GTPP ?

Thanks .
Sponsored

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I use Meguiar's Gold Class car wash shampoo, dry with waffle weave spritzing Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer, then finish off with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I got wax on mine and have white spots and I just use a toothbrush and windex, comes off. But usually I don't care because rains the day of or after I wash the car 100% of the time.

Dendrobatez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I use Croftgate Quick 'n' slick and Aquanil, one of those (or both?) has good UV protection which seems to be keeping the plastics looking new. Mine is parked in the South Florida sun 24/7 too.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Gtechniq C4

Clean it according to instructions, apply two coats of this product once and forget about your trim for a lifetime:

http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-c4-trim-restorer.html
Thought I'd revive this thread.

Got the rear louvers installed weekend before last and cleaned her up this weekend and I applied the Gtechniq C4 trim restorer to the trim.

This stuff seems to work as advertised. Cleaned the pieces with rubbing alcohol; allowed them to dry for a few minutes and applied the C4. Went over them a couple of times. A little does go a long way.

The results look good. Not shiny but it's brought the color back from more of a dark grey to black.

And it eliminated a few stubborn paste wax stains that I never could get rid of despite much effort and several wax stain removal techniques. We'll see if the stains start to come back thru.

And the small bottle was just the right size to do the entire car, including the trim at the bottom of the windshield that runs along the hood, the mirror trim, and the front grilles (but not the honeycombs).

I say seems to work as advertised b/c I'll have see how it holds up over time. Gtechniq claims it last 1 to 2 years which would be great.

But so far, so good.

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I second the 303 Aerospace recommendation.

Sponsored

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I use Shine Supply Trim Shield. It works well. For me its lasts for a bout 2-4 months depending on the weather.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thought I'd revive this thread.

Got the rear louvers installed weekend before last and cleaned her up this weekend and I applied the Gtechniq C4 trim restorer to the trim.

This stuff seems to work as advertised. Cleaned the pieces with rubbing alcohol; allowed them to dry for a few minutes and applied the C4. Went over them a couple of times. A little does go a long way.

The results look good. Not shiny but it's brought the color back from more of a dark grey to black.

And it eliminated a few stubborn paste wax stains that I never could get rid of despite much effort and several wax stain removal techniques. We'll see if the stains start to come back thru.

And the small bottle was just the right size to do the entire car, including the trim at the bottom of the windshield that runs along the hood, the mirror trim, and the front grilles (but not the honeycombs).

I say seems to work as advertised b/c I'll have see how it holds up over time. Gtechniq claims it last 1 to 2 years which would be great.

But so far, so good.
It will last you a good 18 months or more, if you use your car like me (rarely, always garaged) then it will truly last forever.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
It will last you a good 18 months or more, if you use your car like me (rarely, always garaged) then it will truly last forever.
That's good to know, Patrick. I really like how it's worked so far. The old wax stains are gone. If it last that long, I'll be pleased and I'll apply it again. :cheers:

ohmsmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor, 15 GT-PP, 16 RZR XPT
I like the 303 aerospace stuff and just tried Chemical guys VRP, so far so good.
Sponsored