Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Is anyone going to ask their dealership for the new parts and do their own install? According to the Ford Warranty, customers can simple request the parts and do their own work. Maybe @Agent_S550 can explain this more, as he has brought this fact up in a couple other threads. But I'm thinking since this is technically a "safety recall", that Ford will not give customers the parts so they can do the work themselves.

Wonder if anyone has found the door latch recall fix instructions on-line yet? I found this info on CJ Pony's website. Ford's number for this recall is 16S30.

2015 Ford Mustang LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES/DOORS LATCH
Year: 2015 Mustang
NHTSA Campaign #: 16V643000
Date Announced: SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Vehicles Affected: 2,046,297
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2012-2015 Ford Focus, 2013-2015 Ford Escape and Ford C-MAX, 2015 Lincoln MKC and Ford Mustang, and 2014-2016 Ford Transit Connect vehicles. A component within the door latches may break, preventing the doors from latching and/or leading the driver or a passenger to believe a door is securely closed when, in fact, it is not.
Consequence: A door that is not securely latched could open while the vehicle is in motion, increasing the risk of injury to a vehicle occupant.
Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the door latches with an improved part, free of charge. Due to a limited parts supply, each owner will be sent an interim notification beginning October 3, 2016 and will receive a second notice when parts are available in the second quarter of 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S30.
Hm. I've never seen a recall done in a take your parts home kind of way. I believe safety items are more stringent on this as technically Ford is responsible if they make a crap design and the doors fall off the car. I'd be surprised if they would let you DIY. But it's always worth a try.
Sponsored

Westys10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT/CS Convertible A6
Got my latch recall completed today, took about 2.5 hours. I wouldn't think there would be a chance that they let you make the repairs yourself.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hm. I've never seen a recall done in a take your parts home kind of way. I believe safety items are more stringent on this as technically Ford is responsible if they make a crap design and the doors fall off the car. I'd be surprised if they would let you DIY. But it's always worth a try.
Yeah, doubt in a safety recall situation they wouldn't let you take the parts for free and do it yourself like in a warranty situation as you described before.

Got my latch recall completed today, took about 2.5 hours. I wouldn't think there would be a chance that they let you make the repairs yourself.
You certainly could if you wanted to buy the new door latch parts yourself. They can't be very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.