You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed a Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Trans Cooler & Radiator on my 2017 GT which I am also installing my Whipple 2.9 supercharger from my last car. I wasn't sure if the oil cooler would fit with the Whipple heat exchanger & fans but I decided to get the kit anyway and I am happy to report it does fit without any modification. Here are some pictures of my install.

Here is the install video they have posted on youtube. The kit does not come with directions.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]C8Qx5_pwCVg[/MEDIA]"]

I opted for the black oil cooler because I didn't want it to stand out. The spacers that are used to hang the oil cooler from the Mishimoto supplied air diverter are unpainted aluminum so I wrapped them in electrical tape. There was enough tape material left on the top & bottom of the spacer to be sandwiched between the cooler and air diverter so it is sure to not come unravelled.

The AN fittings and the braided hoses are silver in color so I decided to put wire loom over the hoses where they would be visible through the grill. The AN fittings I left silver for now, if I don't like them being seen I'll either shoot them with spray paint or cover them with loom as well.

I wasn't sure if the oil cooler was going to clear the Whipple heat exchanger but as you can see it clears without issue.

Here you can see the two lines running down and around the Mishiimoto radiator before and after I installed my Whipple reservoir tank & pump.

Here are the two lines connected to the sandwich plate. I was able to use the two 1/4" NPT fittings to insert an oil pressure and oil temp sending unit. This is great because I wasn't sure how I was going to attach these otherwise. Another reason to be happy about the oil cooler if you ask me.

The replacement lower radiator hose which deletes the stock coolant oil cooler lines.

The radiator is plug and play, it's just a swap and you're good to go. Here is a comparison to the non PP GT radiator.

The transmission cooler was also pretty straight forward. This is the tool I needed to disconnect the transmission lines.

Here is a comparison picture to show just how much bigger the Mishimoto Trans cooler is and how it attaches to their radiator. It will attach to the stock radiator the same way.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31...=a885af6d129bb980d913a33eca437984&oe=58E6911E

Do yourself a favor and get the hoses aligned just right otherwise getting it into place will be a little tough. Once I figured out exactly how to attach them it went in pretty easy. I did end up swapping the fittings that came on the two hoses around and cutting a couple of inches off one of them. This is how I aligned them.

I used the piece I trimmed off to slide over the mounting tab to protect the rubber line.

Radiator & Trans Cooler installed and looking awesome :headbang:

I am very happy with all three of these items, they are top notch built and fit & finish is perfect. I thought some other people would be glad to know that one or all of them fit with a Whipple supercharger :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Thanks for the build and install update Jamie :cheers: I was thinking of installing the oil cooler but wasn't sure if it would fit with the Whipple fans. Darn looks like another mod coming :D

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Thanks for the build and install update Jamie :cheers: I was thinking of installing the oil cooler but wasn't sure if it would fit with the Whipple fans. Darn looks like another mod coming :D
Yep, and you know what that means, . . . .Mo Money, Mo Money, MO MONEY!!!

And Jmeo, nice job you did there. That's a lot of stuff you got going on in that thing. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Glad to help you for once my friend :cheers:

Yep, and you know what that means, . . . .Mo Money, Mo Money, MO MONEY!!!

And Jmeo, nice job you did there. That's a lot of stuff you got going on in that thing. :thumbsup:
Thanks man, I appreciate the kudos. Its crazy whats going on with my winter mods right now, the Mishimoto goodies are only some of it lol. Time to go update my build thread......

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Glad to help you for once my friend :cheers:

Thanks man, I appreciate the kudos. Its crazy whats going on with my winter mods right now, the Mishimoto goodies are only some of it lol. Time to go update my build thread......
Lot of updating to do. That's another downfall for the areas we live in (besides the the snow and cold). The car sits for a while over the winter months, so we have loads of time thinking about what we want to do to it and the time to do it. Which in turn means more money flying out the window on new mods. But then again, I wouldn't do the mods I've been doing this winter in the summer because I don't want to take time away from driving it. Maybe the answer is just don't do any mods and you got it covered? . . . . . .NAH, . . . . .no fun in that!!!.

Sponsored

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Quality review [MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION]! We are glad that you are happy with deciding to add our Radiator and Oil/Trans Cooler combo to your build.

With great power comes great responsibility - for cooling; so our team is glad to see you went with our products. We'd love to see how this setup handles the supercharged abuse your S550 throws at it!

-Diamaan

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lot of updating to do. That's another downfall for the areas we live in (besides the the snow and cold). The car sits for a while over the winter months, so we have loads of time thinking about what we want to do to it and the time to do it. Which in turn means more money flying out the window on new mods. But then again, I wouldn't do the mods I've been doing this winter in the summer because I don't want to take time away from driving it. Maybe the answer is just don't do any mods and you got it covered? . . . . . .NAH, . . . . .no fun in that!!!.
Yah, some of us cant leave well enough alone lol

Quality review [MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION]! We are glad that you are happy with deciding to add our Radiator and Oil/Trans Cooler combo to your build.

With great power comes great responsibility - for cooling; so our team is glad to see you went with our products. We'd love to see how this setup handles the supercharged abuse your S550 throws at it!

-Diamaan
Thank you, and me to! It's gonna be a little bit but I'll find out come spring time :thumbsup:

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
That trans color is so crooked in relation to the radiator. That would drive me insane

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That trans color is so crooked in relation to the radiator. That would drive me insane
I thought about that for 2.3 seconds and moved on lol. The trans cooler is hidden so much after the cover goes on it will never be seen again :)

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I will say it looks like quality parts and fitment looks good otherwise. I just get mildly perturbed by lines

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So now that I've finally had the chance to drive my car I just wanted to report my findings. The weather has been unusually warm up here the last few days reaching low 70Âşs. The oil temp has been reading 160Âş-180Âş, oil pressure 30 at idle and up to temp and 80 while driving. The transmission temp has been reading 160Âş-180Âş around town and 200Âş on the highway. Also, for your knowledge I had to add 1 quart of oil and 1 (and a smidge) quarts of transmission fluid after the coolers were installed. I now have 9 quarts of oil running through my engines veins with the oil cooler and Ford Racing filter both adding 1 additional quart.

No leaks, no issues all works as planned :cheers:

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I have a question on your setup. I just installed the Mishimoto radiator with a new Reishe 170* t/stat and BND Quantum Blue coolant 50/50 after flushing the system out with distilled water.

Original setup was, non-PP radiator, 170* Reishe t/stat, ford coolant 50/50 and a couple bottles of RP liquid ice

My concern is after all these supposed upgrades my temps have not dropped 1degree and may even get a little higher when stopped for a while in traffic. I have NO air in system and it seems to be working properly. So far a waste of money. Is anyone adding any additives with this setup to help cool?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question on your setup. I just installed the Mishimoto radiator with a new Reishe 170* t/stat and BND Quantum Blue coolant 50/50 after flushing the system out with distilled water.

Original setup was, non-PP radiator, 170* Reishe t/stat, ford coolant 50/50 and a couple bottles of RP liquid ice

My concern is after all these supposed upgrades my temps have not dropped 1degree and may even get a little higher when stopped for a while in traffic. I have NO air in system and it seems to be working properly. So far a waste of money. Is anyone adding any additives with this setup to help cool?
What temps are you seeing? I without a doubt got cooler temps and I also had non PP radiator and switched to Mishimoto with Quantum Blue coolant and Reishe T-Stat

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Last summer with original set-up around 190-195 / CHT cruising, 205-210 / CHT stop and go.

New setup 190-195 / CHT cruising and 205-210 / CHT stop and go, but yesterday it got up to 217 after a few minutes stopped.
Maybe my mixture is a little high, I used 2 gallons of concentrate and remainder distilled water. I thought I read somewhere that this system holds 4.7 gallons which should have me pretty close to 50/50. I will get a gage and check.

So your temps dropped and you are running Quantum Blue 50/50 mix and no other additives like RP liquid ice, etc?
Sponsored