Sponsored

HELLION BOOSTS THE WORLDS MOST POWERFUL GT350!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Last edited:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Wow - incredible results. I can't believe the owner made the plunge with an R! Exciting stuff

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Interesting stuff. Never heard of upgrading valve springs for boost.. I wonder if its supposed to say the springs keep the valves closed..

Last edited:

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Would a guy need to do anything to the frame, or rear end to handle that kind of power?

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Veryy impressive but why were the runs only pulled to about 7200 rpm?

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Thats a seriously expensive upgrade but those are ridiculous numbers. Will be interested to see how it holds up.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Veryy impressive but why were the runs only pulled to about 7200 rpm?
Hello,

With the un-loaded dyno and turbo size there is no need to turn any higher in the pull. We wanted to build a massive power curve that wakes up the lazy 350 engine.

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
Thats a seriously expensive upgrade but those are ridiculous numbers. Will be interested to see how it holds up.
I go by the script. "Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should."

It's like dropping your trouble light and it burns REALLY bright for a short period then fails. This turbo makes me think of that.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Hello,

With the un-loaded dyno and turbo size there is no need to turn any higher in the pull. We wanted to build a massive power curve that wakes up the lazy 350 engine.
are you saying the car doesnt make any more power above that? or it cant run above that?

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Interesting stuff. Never heard of upgrading valve springs for boost.. I wonder if its supposed to say the springs keep the valves closed..
Yes. when you put a lot pressure on the back of the valves it makes em wanna hang open or float. That's a bad thing when the piston intends to occupy the same space a few fractions of a second later.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Hello,

Well I do not agree with this!

The car will never hook up down low with all that torque and if the power were to come on a later and maintain the factory redline of 8200 then then it might stand a chance to get a little traction since it will be moving at a higher speed and also maintain one of the best traits of this engine has and that is High RPMs.

I and many others do not find the engine lazy just not in its power band similar to a boosted car that is not in boost.

Not putting down what you are doing the numbers are very impressive but there is nothing special about a boosted engine that spins to only 7200 rpms.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The lazy 350 engine...yes, I see.
By no means do we mean lazy in a derogatory way. Many of our customers have asked if our turbo kit will fix the "lazyness" within their GT350. We have many turbo sizes, but the quick spool 55mm units give the largest gain and the most average power.

Well I do not agree with this!

The car will never hook up down low with all that torque and if the power were to come on a later and maintain the factory redline of 8200 then then it might stand a chance to get a little traction since it will be moving at a higher speed and also maintain one of the best traits of this engine has and that is High RPMs.

I and many others do not find the engine lazy just not in its power band similar to a boosted car that is not in boost.

Not putting down what you are doing the numbers are very impressive but there is nothing special about a boosted engine that spins to only 7200 rpms.
You are correct, the car will never hook with that torque. We simply have a dyno of a max effort setup. The beauty of a turbo setup is that with our E boost 2 we can program any curve desired. We can program the power to come on at a nice rate, and peak at 8000 if needed, or anywhere in between.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Would a guy need to do anything to the frame, or rear end to handle that kind of power?
We have similar GT mustangs that run into the 8 second zone with simply upgraded axles and driveshaft.

We have seen no ill effects on the body. The factory hardened steel as held up very well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.