Lund tune GT350 IM, TB, and CAI

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
At 118 ? Shit , that's 11.7 ish territory with a good 60 ft . I cannot believe u changed your gearing ! The pp gearing is to much damn fun but for the quarter your better off . How you liking that new clutch compared to stock ?..
Yeah the 3:73 gears I feel were not pulling strong through the end. I was 8000-8100 crossing the line. I feel like that's about 400 rpm more than I wanted out of the power band. I could have gone to a taller tire or 3:55's. I went with the 3:55's because I can then use it all the time, and 1-2nd gears are not completely useless. LOL

Clutch - the engagement is funny, but once you engage, it's a firm engage.

Can't wait until tomorrow. Lund data logging tune was also done after the 118 mph run, so I feel the car is stronger now too. i'm really curious on how this will work. I'm looking at the weather it should be good, but it does show 12-14 mph head winds. :(
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah the 3:73 gears I feel were not pulling strong through the end. I was 8000-8100 crossing the line. I feel like that's about 400 rpm more than I wanted out of the power band. I could have gone to a taller tire or 3:55's. I went with the 3:55's because I can then use it all the time, and 1-2nd gears are not completely useless. LOL

Can't wait until tomorrow. Lund data logging tune was also done after the 118 mph run, so I feel the car is stronger now too. i'm really curious on how this will work. I'm looking at the weather it should be good, but it does show 12-14 mph head winds. :(
Try shifting to 4th at 7500?

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Just did some data logging from Lund on my new setup. GT350 manifold and TB with GT350 cold air intake. No surging BUT low rpm throttle response feels kinda numb, almost like it's in wet/snow mode. Initial throttle tip-in from off idle has a slight pause (not linear). As soon as it revs past 1200rpm it feels fine. Makes for herky-jerky shifting. Top end feels good.

Overlaid my datalog from previous tune setup (see sig) vs. this new setup and the cam timing is the exact same between the two :frusty:. Hopefully they will optimize the cam timing with revisions. Maybe they were playing it safe with this initial tune??? Spinning this thing to 8k rpm is a leap of faith though:eyebulge:

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Just did some data logging from Lund on my new setup. GT350 manifold and TB with GT350 cold air intake. No surging BUT low rpm throttle response feels kinda numb, almost like it's in wet/snow mode. Initial throttle tip-in from off idle has a slight pause (not linear). As soon as it revs past 1200rpm it feels fine. Makes for herky-jerky shifting. Top end feels good.

Overlaid my datalog from previous tune setup (see sig) vs. this new setup and the cam timing is the exact same between the two :frusty:. Hopefully they will optimize the cam timing with revisions. Maybe they were playing it safe with this initial tune??? Spinning this thing to 8k rpm is a leap of faith though:eyebulge:
Based on some of my research, I'm not sure how well they'll be able to optimize cam timing through their etune revisions. Doesn't seem like they do much with it.

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Based on some of my research, I'm not sure how well they'll be able to optimize cam timing through their etune revisions. Doesn't seem like they do much with it.
They can optimize it by using their experience of cars they have tuned on a dyno. As least I would hope so.

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

Were you crossing the line in 3rd with 3.73s?? with 3.31s I am crossing the traps in 3rd at 7800 at around 116

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Were you crossing the line in 3rd with 3.73s?? with 3.31s I am crossing the traps in 3rd at 7800 at around 116
Wow my 3.73's on 3rd can only pull up to 87 mph around 7500 rpm with stock manifold though! I m guessing with gt350 im it may reach 95 mph range!

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Wow my 3.73's on 3rd can only pull up to 87 mph around 7500 rpm with stock manifold though! I m guessing with gt350 im it may reach 95 mph range!
Yea man on 28 inch tires 3.31s are a crazy long pull. Probably could shift into 4th, but it would be right before the traps so I don't know if it would be worth it. 3.91s would be sweet for the dragstrip, But ridiculous for the street.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stock 265/35/20 tires with 3.55 gear in 3rd gear= 105mph at 8k rpm :D

Just data logged a revision tune from Lund after my not-so-great initial tune from them. GT350 manifold +TB, 47lb injectors, GT350 MAF sensor in GT350 cold air intake tube. Tune will be a FF tune once done. That's the reason why I went with bigger injectors.

Throttle response is much better now. Absolutely no surging at all:thumbsup: Track mode throttle response is set to "kill" lol! With 93 octane fuel, I'm seeing 30 degrees of timing by 5400rpm....peak 31.8 degrees in the 7k rpm range. Peak MAF airflow of 49.40lbs at 7400rpm. Air temps were 44 degrees. STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS and CATS. I sold my headers over the winter because I was going to trade the car in. But after doing some soul searching, decided to keep the car and put all this new stuff on.

I asked earlier in thread about how to get the 3/8" brake booster hose over the 1/2" nipple on the manifold. I ended up capping the 1/2" nipple and just running the 3/8" to the vacuum aspirator as seen in this pic below. No ill effects.
mani.PNG

Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Do any of the strut tower braces fit over this set up? Specially the 350 brace...

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
Stock 265/35/20 tires with 3.55 gear in 3rd gear= 105mph at 8k rpm :D

Just data logged a revision tune from Lund after my not-so-great initial tune from them. GT350 manifold +TB, 47lb injectors, GT350 MAF sensor in GT350 cold air intake tube. Tune will be a FF tune once done. That's the reason why I went with bigger injectors.

Throttle response is much better now. Absolutely no surging at all:thumbsup: Track mode throttle response is set to "kill" lol! With 93 octane fuel, I'm seeing 30 degrees of timing by 5400rpm....peak 31.8 degrees in the 7k rpm range. Peak MAF airflow of 49.40lbs at 7400rpm. Air temps were 44 degrees. STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS and CATS. I sold my headers over the winter because I was going to trade the car in. But after doing some soul searching, decided to keep the car and put all this new stuff on.

I asked earlier in thread about how to get the 3/8" brake booster hose over the 1/2" nipple on the manifold. I ended up capping the 1/2" nipple and just running the 3/8" to the vacuum aspirator as seen in this pic below. No ill effects.
Do you know how much power you're making yet?

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good question. I don't know. My schedule is somewhat busy for the next couple months so I've been meaning to get on a dyno if I get a chance. Don't worry, it's slow in the 1/4.

Last edited:

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
Good question. I don't know. My schedule is somewhat busy for the next couple months so I've been meaning to get on a dyno if I get a chance. Don't worry, it's slow in the 1/4.
No problem

Just curious as I'm eyeing the PP3 and also interested in going with something other than the Ford canned tune. Does your butt dyno tell you any noticeable difference?

Last edited:

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
E-85 vs 93 is about 15whp and 20-25 wtrq NA which is enough that you can feel it especially down low and midrange. Boosted it can be worth 75-100whp in Most cases vs 93. The GT350 throttle body is worth about 8-10 whp up top NA. With a Paxton or Procharger I have to believe it would be worth close to double that.
That's best case senario gains. The inconsistency of E85 throughout the country is pretty bad. Boosted E85 is gonna need more than 47lb injectors. Unless you're staying really low on boost.

For me to run E85, I'd have to buy 47lb injectors minimum and a new tune. So that's $500+ for maybe 12hp. I'm running neck and neck with cars at 500whp and a good driver mod. My buddy has a 500+whp termi, we're within a fender each race and I'm probably 200lbs heavier.
Sponsored