Sponsored

AC went out

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
Its hot in Florida! Its hotter without AC!!! :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty: Driving along Thursday i noticed the AC not quite doing its job, then Friday afternoon in 5pm with the kids it went out all together. I have an appt wed at local dealer to get car looked at. I'm betting evaporator core like the two guys at work and others I have talked to. 12 months and 8800 miles and the AC fails... :mad:

ok rant over :)
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You guys are making me paranoid.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
11k and mine just failed. It is going in Tuesday. Annoying as hell.

OP
OP
Eric R

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BOO... i wont even be able to drive my car as i will be a disgusting mess arriving to work... lol - Lucky my 2014 pathfinder has ice cold air.. lol

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
A guy in my club here has had his fail for the 3rd time now. Seems like Ford throws parts at it. I mean they're fixing it, but then it goes out again. Mine bogs the engine down more than any car I've ever had, but it works. So I shall be knocking on wood. :)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Seems like all the guys who report their AC going out are all down in the hot southern states where the AC gets used a lot. From what I've been reading, it sounds like the evaporator ends up leaking the refrigerant out and the cooling dies off slowly, then completely. Maybe the high use in the hot states accelerate the failure - ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eric R

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
could be... mine is literally on all the time. Even if the windows are down the AC is blowing. We stay in the 90's till Oct.. then upper 80's till about Nov.

OP
OP
Eric R

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update 09/16 - the AC is fixed and nothing was damaged... yeahh!! they confirmed the evaporated went out and replaced all the seals as well - but car is still in the shop as the smoking at idle problem showed up while they were charging ac and it filled the entire bay with smoke.. lol.. now they believe me... so they replaced the pvc system and found the intake manifold gasket was bad. So waiting on parts to be delivered early next week.. they state i should have my car back by wed. - but its ok - they gave me a sweet F150 to use and i have home depot runs and yard work to do this weekend :).

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have noticed in the last couple of days that the driver's side vents are blowing warmer air than the passenger side. Both temps are set the same (72F), but the passenger side is cold like you expect and the drivers side is about 2-3F warmer. I turned the system on/off a couple of times and initially the drivers side blew cold air, but then eventually turned warmer.

I'm guessing something with the dual zone a/c is broke. Just out of curiosity, how does the system vary the temps from side to side? Does it turn the heater on or does it mix the air differently?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eric R

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i am guessing your loosing freon and you will soon fail. Mine did the same thing about a week before total failure.. i just thought it was me being hot from exercising then driving home.

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
i am guessing your loosing freon and you will soon fail. Mine did the same thing about a week before total failure.. i just thought it was me being hot from exercising then driving home.
You were on the money! A/C went out yesterday afternoon. I was able to charge it back up with a can of refrigerant I had. Have an appt. with the dealer on Friday. Looks like several folks are experiencing evaporator failures.

OP
OP
Eric R

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRRR... 7 days now and still no car... tomorrow is day 8....Good luck with your dealer appt. If it wasn't due to smoking at idle problem that showed it self at the dealer i would have the car back. No idea what they are replacing at this point.

OP
OP
Eric R

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my car back tonight!!! :headbang::headbang:

Below is he list of stuff they replaced.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
Mine just went out tonight, I turned it off cause I was on the phone. Turned it back on after and there is no air blowing out.
Sponsored