Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
So, I went through the process on the other site and I got my navigation license file. I set 7D0-01-02 to 04xx xxxx xxxx like the instructions said and my screen now says "Insert Nav SD Card". I get my A7 SD card tomorrow.

I enabled brights/fogs and turn/fogs.

I disabled the double chirp with key on and remote removed from vehicle.

I also set 0726-39-01 to 1194 0000 000C. Accessory power wasn't disabled. So, I assume 0000 disables the timeout and not the power? Or it does something else I haven't discovered yet. What I need is a cigarette lighter analog clock.

I tried the other SYNC boot screens and none of them worked. I guess my SYNC2 APIM doesn't have the animations available.
Sent you a pm with a question. Thanks in advance :)
Sponsored

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
But your S550 is Pre-SYNC3 - and the same mod probably will not work on the 2016+ that has SYNC3 - isn't that correct?

Just curious too, where is the SD card slot?
Not sure about SYNC3, you could always send the Russian an email and find out. They seem like a knowledgeable person.

My SD slot is in my center compartment. The only things I don't have are the RCAs. I've got an 1/8"/3.5mm mini jack instead. I'm trying to find out if I can buy the correct panel and harness and install them though.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Sync 3 does not have a SD Slot.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Here is the link to the translated Russian page.

Essentially you need to enter the APIM diagnostic mode (Press Eject and FF) and write down this info: APIM ESN, VIN#, Assembly#, H/W#, CCPU#.

Then email the guy in Russia: Give him the above info and tell him you want a license file to add navigation to your vehicle.

Within 12hrs or so you'll get an e-mail back with a link to download a zip file containing all the software you need. Unzip and copy the entire contents onto a thumb drive.

Change the bit in the APIM to 04xx and let the APIM reboot. Then insert the USB drive and let it install everything. It will reboot twice and then say "Insert Nav SD Card" in the upper right corner.

Then all you need is a Maps SD card.

Sponsored

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
I love this thread!

I'm older than you guys, but did the same thing back in the early 90's with Satellite TV programming and access cards. I have to tell you, it was more fun to figure the stuff out then getting HBO for free!

We had subscription-only web sites, card programming, and custom software.

I can tell you this, if you guys master this, you can set yourself up a nice little business. Several of this things on here I would pay someone to modify my car to do (Speedo, Nav, etc)

Keep at it! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Can someone confirm an error for me? Using ForScan, can someone try going into the drop down BCM and try changing their DRL from none to turn signals and try writing it. I keep getting a invalid configuration error, and I just wanted to confirm the error. Either it cant be changed to turn signals or I missed something. (Did not try low beams or high beams).

Also Does anyone know where the Drive mode rocker switch is handled? DanMc85 Suggested it was in the ABS module, but after saving data in three modes (Normal, Sport and Wet/Snow) comparing the data with AB Explorer the data is unchanged. Either its not in that location, or its unaccessible, which I dont believe.

dotJake

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sdyoung.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT Premium
Can someone confirm an error for me? Using ForScan, can someone try going into the drop down BCM and try changing their DRL from none to turn signals and try writing it. I keep getting a invalid configuration error, and I just wanted to confirm the error. Either it cant be changed to turn signals or I missed something. (Did not try low beams or high beams).
The F150 guys documented this in byte format not the drop down screen but wrote "FORScan may not write these and give "invalid configuration" message. If so, you can't enable them"

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The F150 guys documented this in byte format not the drop down screen but wrote "FORScan may not write these and give "invalid configuration" message. If so, you can't enable them"
:rant: :hitcomputer: :censored:

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to integrate a media hub from a Focus into our cars, giving us video inputs. I need Focus wiring diagrams for the media hub and APIM. I know the video amplifier is built into the media hub on those units, but I'm not sure the programming is present in the APIM. If so, there are probably PIDs that need to be set. If anyone has access to those wiring diagrams I would appreciate if they could PM me. I think it was also used in the Fusion, Edge and Explorer. P/N BT4T-14F014-AD.

Sponsored

aex90832

Resident Comm Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 E350 Wagon
I believe it's not possible since US and Export have different wiring harness that goes to the taillights. US has one wire for each bar, Export has one wire for all three bars together. They are phisically different.
For having sequential in our EU cars we had to add a new driver in the middle that get the turn signal from the ECU and output a sequential signal for the three bars - we of course have modified our taillights to include three amber bars beside three red bars.
Not to hi-jack, but you cant just mention something cool like that all nonchalantly ;). I have a US spec car on order, but definitely curious about having separate amber tri-bar turn signals.

Care to elaborate with pictures/videos?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Here's weird one (don't know if anybody else would be interested), think there's a way to continuously display the gear, on automatics, like it does when using paddle shifters?

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Here's weird one (don't know if anybody else would be interested), think there's a way to continuously display the gear, on automatics, like it does when using paddle shifters?
There should be somewhere. Virtually all EcoBoost Tunes using the COBB AccessPort have it enabled.
Sponsored