Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
The lemon law is a pain in the ass process. I filed one in June 2016 on my Subaru and it took 6 months to win my case. I still have not received my money yet, but am expecting to receive it within 20 days.

Every since that whole fiasco I have developed severe car paranoia.
mine took a bit over a month end to end
Sponsored

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
The lemon law is a pain in the ass process. I filed one in June 2016 on my Subaru and it took 6 months to win my case. I still have not received my money yet, but am expecting to receive it within 20 days.

Every since that whole fiasco I have developed severe car paranoia.
mine took a bit over a month end to end
So odd the time differences. After looking online it seems like the time it takes is rather random, sometimes as little as a month, sometimes 6+

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
NJ rules must be pretty poor. In CT the manufacturer is required to pay out within 30 days of the hearing.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Enter new Lemon'd VINs

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
So odd the time differences. After looking online it seems like the time it takes is rather random, sometimes as little as a month, sometimes 6+
The differences are due to each state having it's own set of rules & process/documentation requirements & time-table for the manufacturer to respond & send out the final settlement etc.

Sponsored

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Has any one go thru an arbitration hearing with BBB auto line? was was it like? any advice or tips?

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
Here is mine... I started the process around the 15th of December, Ford agreed to buy back on the 23rd of December and I got my check on the 20th of February. Tennessee allows 60 days for completion from time of agreement, and they took it.

I was lucky and did not have to go through any arbitration, Ford agreed to the buy back without hassle. My experience with the BBB was very quick and painless, highly recommend.

2015 Black Mustang convertible GT, automatic. VIN# 1FATP8FF5F5423189
Lemon Lawed for driveline vibration.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still can't believe that once a car is labeled a Lemon it can be resold to the next unsuspecting buyer....

Post your Lemon'd VINs!

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
In Tennessee it works like this
1. Your millage at first report of the issue is set to a value. Mine is 2507(miles at service)/100000*MSRP=$1027.37 for use and IMHO that is damn high for 2500 miles

2. you pick a vehicle with the same or higher MSRP and if higher you have to pay the difference. you cannot go lower than your MSRP

3. you get the "deal" letter saying what you need to pay at closing of the deal. You have two options
3a. Pay the difference out or pocket and if Ford financed the will do a swap of collateral and nothing in your loan changes

3b. have your new purchase refinanced by the dealer or your lender

4. you drop off your Lemon and sign papers for your new Mustang or whatever else you traded for.

As for extender warranty it will start over for free with the new car if it was the Ford warranty. I will let them start it over at closing and will then say I want to cancel it so there is no millage on it and they will have to refund the full amount.
How do you get money back for mods? I spent $400 on window tint....

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit

Sponsored

RubyRedVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
yea I won't be accepting that answer
You won't be getting any money for your mods. Remove them first before returning the car. You'll also be paying for the mileage you've put on the car. Sucks, but it's the way the process works.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You won't be getting any money for your mods. Remove them first before returning the car. You'll also be paying for the mileage you've put on the car. Sucks, but it's the way the process works.
That's not true in all states. I had close to $15K in mods on my car and got back all of it with the exception of a few minor cosmetic things I did. If they were dealer installed, many states consider them part of the sale & eligible for reimbursement ! Mods you did aftermarket or yourself may not qualify, but I would ask anyway.

The BBB rep can help you determine what your state rules are & help you document what you need to get the $$ back.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is Buy Back or Replacement value based on:

1) Actual Window sticker
2) Financed amount

???

Meaning, if the vehicle window sticker was $33k and Owner was able to walk out the door with the car for $29k financed - will BBB allow the owner to replace the car with one for EQUAL value/options based on the window sticker???

I have not seen this aspect discussed thoroughly in this thread.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they're swapping you into a new car, it's done by msrp.

If they refund you, it's based off the financed amount minus a mileage offset.
So if swapping into another Mustang - there's no penalties at all - just pick new car and they agree to the swap as long as the new car is same MSRP? Or is there still a usage penalty based on miles?
Sponsored