2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Subbed...btw, I am surprised you will be able to do this application without warping the head bolts...running the expected amount of horsepower (I imagine around 500 after install) that the increased compression isn't going to affect the heads that much...or am I completely wrong in my assumption

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Subbed...btw, I am surprised you will be able to do this application without warping the head bolts...running the expected amount of horsepower (I imagine around 500 after install) that the increased compression isn't going to affect the heads that much...or am I completely wrong in my assumption
The ProCharged V6s are running 450hp at the crank safely at 8psi.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
The ProCharged V6s are running 450hp at the crank safely at 8psi.
I'm thinking you probably wouldn't want to push the stock internals much harder than that.

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
I plan on running a total of 5-6 pounds of boost with the addition of e85. I hope to make around the 450whp mark. I found on youtube where someone did a "big" turbo twin turbo kit on a 2014 3.7. They used e85 with 10 pounds of boost and made low-mid 500 horsepower.

[ame]

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I plan on running a total of 5-6 pounds of boost with the addition of e85. I hope to make around the 450whp mark. I found on youtube where someone did a "big" turbo twin turbo kit on a 2014 3.7. They used e85 with 10 pounds of boost and made low-mid 500 horsepower.

Does not surprise me that e85 was used...replaces a lot of rubber parts with steel to handle the ethanol...couple that with the upgraded and much larger fuel rails and return line...easy to see how that much horse power was made. However, it would not surprise me if the head bolts and internals were beefed up as well...stock components would not do that well at those numbers...and if stock components were run...time will tell as if they will hold up or not (most likely not).

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I've been told I can safely go to 12psi with E85 by people who have already been doing it on the stock motor. Don't even have to change timing just have to take off the speed limiter. Only time will tell if the stock internals will take it long term though.

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
I've been told I can safely go to 12psi with E85 by people who have already been doing it on the stock motor. Don't even have to change timing just have to take off the speed limiter. Only time will tell if the stock internals will take it long term though.
Why would you need to take off the speed limiter for this?

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
12 psi on a 3.7L motor with 10.5 compression on E85 is well north of 500 hp. You might be ~500 at the wheels. It might hold it for a bit but I'd think you're more likely to window the block sooner rather than later. You want to have forged pistols & rods for that kind of tourqe.

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
12 psi on a 3.7L motor with 10.5 compression on E85 is well north of 500 hp. You might be ~500 at the wheels. It might hold it for a bit but I'd think you're more likely to window the block sooner rather than later. You want to have forged pistols & rods for that kind of tourqe.
[ame]

This engine seems to be holding up pretty well. Guy says the owner has used a 150 shot for a year or better using it almost every weekend at the track and has over 100k miles on the car!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
This engine seems to be holding up pretty well. Guy says the owner has used a 150 shot for a year or better using it almost every weekend at the track and has over 100k miles on the car!
Yeah a 150 shot for limited times is ok especially with the cooling NO2 provides. 225 for short amounts of time will be ok too, but you are talking about basically having an unlimited 225 shot.

Will the cyclone hold 530 hp, yes but you are 1 knock event from engine death and ALL boosted engines will knock eventually. Hell just taking it out on a hot enough day I get a bit of knock in my eco until the PCM pulls a little bit of timing out of it.

Look I am not trying to tear you down, I love where this project is going, but it is FAR cheaper to build a running engine than a blown one. I've had far too many friends read what was the safe limit of a motor on the Interwebs only to be staring at the expanding puddle of oil under what used to be the engine and no money to fix it, I don't want to see that happen to you.
Sponsored