Twin Turbo V6 Project

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
So here, I have owned my car for a little over a year and a half and the time has come for some heavy modding :). I have been talking with Tom Y from Super Six Motorsports and he has been answering all of my questions that I need to know about this project.

Yesterday I received my two 3.5 Ecoboost turbochargers with the exhaust manifolds from a 2013 F150. I have also purchased DeatschWerks 50lb/hr fuel injectors. I still need to purchase multiple items before I will be ready for twin turbo installation.

Below, I will post pictures of my car throughout my ownership (because I have never made a build thread yet) and throughout my journey on purchasing parts for this kit, installation, results, and performance videos.

UPDATES:
7/3/16: I have purchased the adapter kit and all of the gaskets needed for this project from Super Six Motorsports and Tom Y told me that I can expect it at my door in 2 weeks. I still need to find and purchase: intercooler, fuel pump booster, and boost controller

8/6/16: I have everything that I initially wanted for the installation of this kit. I have now decided to buy a few extra parts to help on performance/cooling/reliability. These are turbo blankets, NGK Iridium spark plugs, and an oil cooler. Planning on purchasing in the next day or two, so after that I will FINALLY be ready for installation! (Purchased turbo blankets from American Muscle specified to fit 79-15 F-150 models. These arrived at my house and were just "standard universal turbo blankets" which did not fit the ecoboost turbo's. American Muscle happily let me return them and refunded all of my money.)

8/8/16: Well, there it is! I have officially purchased all of the hardware for this project! Bought the NGK Iridium spark plugs, two turbo blankets, and an oil cooler today! Hopefully everything will be here within the week! I am going tomorrow to see if I can get a quote on installation from the local performance shop. Will keep everyone posted.

8/28/16: Only a matter of time! The building time for the car is underway. I dropped my car off at Super Six Motorsports yesterday afternoon and am planning on around a month before I receive the car back. Next step.. contact MPT about a forced induction tune.

9/20/16: The new CX Racing Intercooler has been delivered. So now, installation of the IC can proceed as well as the fabrication process of creating all the pipes necessary for the intercooler. The car left the muffler shop yesterday where custom pipes were made as downpipes to connect the exhaust side of the turbos to the stock exhaust flanges.

9/24/16: The car still need intercooler piping to be fabricated to complete the system. Hopefully it wont be too much longer until the car is ready for tuning. Here is a video that sums up what has been purchased and done to my car as of the time this was posted:

10/05/16: UPDATE PROVIDING PARTS LISTS (DUE TO QUESTIONS)

(2) 2012 F-150 EcoBoost Turbo's - LKQ - $800
(2) 2012 F-150 EcoBoost exhaust manifolds - LKQ - $60
DeatschWerks 65lb/hr fuel injectors - American Muscle - $339
VMP 40Amp Fuel Pump booster - VMPerformance - $319
Hayden Oil Cooler - PartsGeek - $82
(6) NGK Iridium Spark Plugs - NGK - $48
Turbosmart eBoost Street electronic boost controller - Amazon - $260
Turbosmart Race Port Blow Off Valve- Amazon - $250
2-Bar MAP Sensor - Procharger - $180
CX Racing Twin turbo Intercooler - CX Racing - $197
SSM twin turbo adapter kit - Super Six Motorsports - $700 (Beta kit)
Installation - Super Six Motorsports - $1000 (labor only)
Fabrication - Down pipes - $380
Fabrication - Air induction system - $220
EcoBoost/Fabricated Charge Pipes - $800
MPT FI Tune - MPT Performance - $600
MPT E85 FI Tune - MPT Performance - $200

-------------------Mods before twin turbos----------------------

BBK Shorty headers - American Muscle - $299
X-pipe(x2) - Local muffler shop - $160 ($80 per x-pipe)
SCT X4 programmer - Unleashed Tuning - $399
Unleashed Tune (87,93) - Unleashed Tuning - $100 ($50 each)
GT PP wheels - Mustang6g member - $900
Goodyear Eagle F1 285 rear/255 front tires - Discount tire - $1000

10/12/16: Installation is COMPLETE, the remote tuning process with MPT has begun today as well.

------- STARTED POSTING MORE IN-DEPTH UPDATE VIDEOS ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL -------

12/06/16: Tuning process slowing down due to faulty BOV leaking boost.

12/21/16: Swapped to E85 and made some decent power numbers of 410HP and 460TQ.
tturbo.jpg
injectors.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
MPT mustang.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
Current Mods:
BBK Shorty Headers
Muffler shop custom double X-Pipe
Muffler Delete
Unleashed 93 Tune
Mustang GT PP 19" wheels
Goodyear Eagle F1 255 (front) 285 (rear) tires
15% Window tint
Weathertech Floormats
Diode Dynamics LED reverse light
IMG_5424 (1).JPG
IMG_5426 (1).JPG
fs9.jpg
fs0.jpg
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Last edited:

x550ciLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 6MT
Yes!!!! So hype to see how this turns out!

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Finally someone is doing this build!! If I wasn't ProCharging I would have started this. Subbed!

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Very curious to see how this turns out. Is the V6 in these cars basically the same as the EB V6's? Same block, heads, etc, just different internals for a higher CR when NA?

Sponsored

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Nice I am going to be watching how this turns put since I want to do the same thing.

Did you buy the turbos and manifold online?

Last edited:

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Oooooooh man!!!

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
Nice I am going to be watching how this turns put since I want to do the same thing.

Did you buy the turbos and manifold online?
I bought the turbos and manifolds from LKQ. Turbos were $400 a piece and manifolds were $35 a piece.

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
If you find a tuner/tune please let me know. I'm myself building a turbo setup and so far no luck with a tune for our V6...:frusty: Glad to see I'm not the only one doing a turbo build. Good luck to you! :cheers:

P.S: How much did you pay for your injectors? Just curious...

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
If you find a tuner/tune please let me know. I'm myself building a turbo setup and so far no luck with a tune for our V6...:frusty: Glad to see I'm not the only one doing a turbo build. Good luck to you! :cheers:

I believe he is doing the super six motorsports turbo conversion and that means MPT will be the one to handle tuning.

OP
OP
kodypiccirilli

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)

I think I have found a local trusted tuner in central Arkansas. I have heard MPT is working on a forced induction flash tune. I am looking forward to that. DW 50# injectors are $370.
Sponsored