DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Wow......that's pricey.

Don't be surprised if someone makes a replica and then sells it for cheaper. I would love to have one but not sure if i can afford one now!

toddc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in process
Wow......that's pricey.

Don't be surprised if someone makes a replica and then sells it for cheaper. I would love to have one but not sure if i can afford one now!

Thanks for the feedback.
We hear that from time to time...

Fact of the matter is that Helion builds high quality products with certified aerospace grade materials and advanced manufacturing processes. The process and the materials cost money. We don't work on a large margin but we do need to feed the people who bring our products to life as does any company who manufactures anything.

I'm not afraid of someone knocking off one of our products. The tooling expense to bring a new product to market is not for the feint of heart even when cloning a part. We've seen a couple of our porsche products cloned over the last 15 yrs and have even purchased them for evaluation.
Long and short, you'll never see the same quality in a low price clone from a sub-par manufacturer regardless of the price of admission, no matter the part.

This is not exclusive to Helion, it rings true for any company who develops anything. There are plenty of "knock-off" companies, typically Chinese, out there who will clone anything they think there is a demand for. The end result is always the same. Cheap part, poor fit, over weight and the customer spends more money trying to make it fit than the price of admission.

We stand by our parts, our quality, and our reputation. We build ALL of our parts regardless of make/model to the same quality standard whether they be retail or contract manufacturing.

Regards,

Toddc

Sponsored

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for the feedback.
We hear that from time to time...

Fact of the matter is that Helion builds high quality products with certified aerospace grade materials and advanced manufacturing processes. The process and the materials cost money. We don't work on a large margin but we do need to feed the people who bring our products to life as does any company who manufactures anything.

I'm not afraid of someone knocking off one of our products. The tooling expense to bring a new product to market is not for the feint of heart even when cloning a part. We've seen a couple of our porsche products cloned over the last 15 yrs and have even purchased them for evaluation.
Long and short, you'll never see the same quality in a low price clone from a sub-par manufacturer regardless of the price of admission, no matter the part.

This is not exclusive to Helion, it rings true for any company who develops anything. There are plenty of "knock-off" companies, typically Chinese, out there who will clone anything they think there is a demand for. The end result is always the same. Cheap part, poor fit, over weight and the customer spends more money trying to make it fit than the price of admission.

We stand by our parts, our quality, and our reputation. We build ALL of our parts regardless of make/model to the same quality standard whether they be retail or contract manufacturing.

Regards,

Toddc
Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see the effort gone into it and if i had the money i would get one. I would happily pay up to 2K for the carbon one with the weight saving it provides, but for the fibreglass one 1.5K would be my limit.

I would love to get the carbon one though!!!

Broken2g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT PP
How long till we see some pictures of the production hoods?

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any updates on this? Any finished pics?

Also, do you know when the fenders will be available?

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Has this become vapor? We've heard nothing & their website still puts availability in mid-January?

I'm thinking Cervini's will get the jump if they produce theirs.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
The GT350 and GT350 stylized hood tooling is being completely acquired by myself and some other backers.

Helion has some defense and larger automotive products that do not allow for resource allocation to it.

Another thread will be created once the hand off is complete.

Feel free to pm me if you have other questions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Does this mean they will be more affordable?

Also, do you know what the story is with the fenders? Are you acquiring the tooling for that too?

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
We will do everything we can to keep with the Mustang creed of Fast, Fun, and afFordable.

The Fenders are in a different state, and a different consideration.

Once the hand off is done, another thread will be created, and we'll outline what we are offering.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
We will do everything we can to keep with the Mustang creed of Fast, Fun, and afFordable.

The Fenders are in a different state, and a different consideration.

Once the hand off is done, another thread will be created, and we'll outline what we are offering.

Thank you for the update.

Me getting to park my 2015 next to a GT350R this past weekend helped cement the need for me to ditch my stock factory 5.0 hood. My car looks too fat and ugly with the Focus/Fusion style hood.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any updates?

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Tooling is in our possession. It's out for quoting. If you have questions please shoot me a PM.

As soon as a company is created, a vender account will be created, and we'll shut this thread down, and create a new one.

Thanks.
Sponsored