Steeda Jacking Rails.....Won't Mount

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Mine had sealer, and I just bolted them on and it compressed it. No biggie. I didn't remove the sealer at all.
+1 same experience for me.
Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I installed mine and it was pretty easy with just the front up on my race ramps. Would be easier with car in the air though. I used a razor blade knife to cut off the seam sealer as I wanted the rails to mount flush with the car body. But like others have said I don't think it would affect anything if you left it on. I did run into a slight problem with the forward mount hole on the passenger side. It didn't line up enough to get the bolt started. Even with the other 3 bolts loosely mounted it wouldn't start. I had to remove the rail and enlarge the hole slightly with a burr to get the clearance I needed. Not a big deal and an easy fix. I like them

Ohhhh one more interesting think I noticed. When removing the existing bolts I used a torque wrench so I could get a feel to what torque to use when replacing them. Well they were only installed at 25-30lb. A bit on the light side if you ask me. I reinstalled them to 40lb and wouldn't recommend any more...felt like they were getting tight at that number.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
First I looked at this thread. When I saw the title I was shocked. Mine is a 15 so I had no sealer and no issues. It was such an easy quick install, I never even thought about it again. I didn't spend more than 15 minutes total and didn't jack up the car.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I installed mine and it was pretty easy with just the front up on my race ramps. Would be easier with car in the air though. I used a razor blade knife to cut off the seam sealer as I wanted the rails to mount flush with the car body. But like others have said I don't think it would affect anything if you left it on. I did run into a slight problem with the forward mount hole on the passenger side. It didn't line up enough to get the bolt started. Even with the other 3 bolts loosely mounted it wouldn't start. I had to remove the rail and enlarge the hole slightly with a burr to get the clearance I needed. Not a big deal and an easy fix. I like them

Ohhhh one more interesting think I noticed. When removing the existing bolts I used a torque wrench so I could get a feel to what torque to use when replacing them. Well they were only installed at 25-30lb. A bit on the light side if you ask me. I reinstalled them to 40lb and wouldn't recommend any more...felt like they were getting tight at that number.
Thanks, appreciate the torque specs. I have a lift rental to do wheel and retoque suspension. Do you recommend doing this on a lift that uses the pinch welds or one that uses the tires/wheels for support?

Assuming one that uses the pinch welds might not make it easy to access the bolts?

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks, appreciate the torque specs. I have a lift rental to do wheel and retoque suspension. Do you recommend doing this on a lift that uses the pinch welds or one that uses the tires/wheels for support?

Assuming one that uses the pinch welds might not make it easy to access the bolts?
Drive on lift would be the best.

Steeda Tech.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes

SteedaTech is right a drive on lift would be ideal. Not having one of those then race ramps would be good but once on the ramps I think it would be easier to do if you jacked up the back of the car and found a place to put the jack-stands so they are out of your way. By the way I just used mine to switch the tires from side to side and would have liked the boxed section to be a bit longer in the back. Could have boxed and cut holes for bolts in the top and a slightly larger hole in the bottom to allow a socket access. It was nice to be able to jack the car from the middle of the side.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Thanks. [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION], I installed on a drive on lift yesterday. Was easy, but I missed the supplied mounting bolts until it was already on. Any issue with re-using the factory bolts?

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Reusing the factory bolts is fine ... we actually see a lot of customer reusing them.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Did Steeda come out with lower profile jacking rails a while back? I have the original rails that I bought when they were first released. I'm wondering if I should upgrade to the lower profile rails when I put BMR SP080 springs on.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, around July of last year, we came out with the revised, even more low profile jacking rail.

They offer an additional 1/2" of ground clearance and are 15% lighter than our current version! We are so confident with these units, they will replace our existing kits completely.

Best Regards,

TJ

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to install them without lifting the car, but it was a bitch taking off the bolts blindly, lol!
Sponsored