JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I have both the 4th brake light and tail light sequencer (bought and installed from BWG). The issue I had - which is somewhat fixed - is my drivers side turn signal, only the inner most light would blink. I checked all harnesses and wring and it looked okay. Well they all "magically" started working as I was checked.

Then, I noticed when I locked the doors to go in the 4th brake light didn't flash. I looked under and touched the red wire and it then started to work. I checked the turn signals again and now the 4th brake light flashes whenever either turn signal is on. I don't think I ever noticed that before. Is there something I should check specifically? Is a wire lose somewhere?
Sponsored

wizdumb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Turbo
I have a similar issue but only when signaling right. Connections were checked and reseated. Already submitted an RMA request.

[ame]

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Very similar. Mine is left and right and my blink is much faster. Almost a flicker.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Never had an issue with mine. I have the 4th light, an inline strobe module before the light, and the DD side markers. I'll keep an eye on it, though.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I have both the 4th brake light and tail light sequencer (bought and installed from BWG). The issue I had - which is somewhat fixed - is my drivers side turn signal, only the inner most light would blink. I checked all harnesses and wring and it looked okay. Well they all "magically" started working as I was checked.

Then, I noticed when I locked the doors to go in the 4th brake light didn't flash. I looked under and touched the red wire and it then started to work. I checked the turn signals again and now the 4th brake light flashes whenever either turn signal is on. I don't think I ever noticed that before. Is there something I should check specifically? Is a wire lose somewhere?
Please contact our customer support team and we will troubleshoot this issue, and provide warranty replacements if needed: [email protected]

Nick C.

Sponsored

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
I had similar issues to what JefferyDJ experienced. I bought mine thru CJ Pony Parts who were very responsive supporting the problem. The replacement was promptly dropped shipped directly from Diode Dynamics with a return prepaid label for the RMA unit. The replacement unit functioned as intended.

Kudos to Diode Dynamics & CJ Pony Parts for their outstanding customer support !

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
New issue - with the 4th brake light.

In what direction does the red wire go in that it snaps in? I’ve tried every which way and it just freely slides in and out. Reverse still works (obviously) but no night running light, or brake light. When I’ve had it where I thought it was snapped in, still no love the.

Anyone else similar issue of the red not seeming to “snap in” a second intended?

EDIT - I finally figured out my problem - after the little metal connector broke off. I can fix it, but what connector do I need to buy? Normally I'd just head to Radio shack and ask someone ... But I have no clue where one is anymore.

Last edited:

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
New issue - with the 4th brake light.

In what direction does the red wire go in that it snaps in? I’ve tried every which way and it just freely slides in and out. Reverse still works (obviously) but no night running light, or brake light. When I’ve had it where I thought it was snapped in, still no love the.

Anyone else similar issue of the red not seeming to “snap in” a second intended?

EDIT - I finally figured out my problem - after the little metal connector broke off. I can fix it, but what connector do I need to buy? Normally I'd just head to Radio shack and ask someone ... But I have no clue where one is anymore.
Give us a call: (314) 205-3033 or email us: [email protected] and we will replace it for you if needed.

Thanks!
Nick C.

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I'll shoot an email - I think I just need the new end connector that plugs into the harness from the red wire. I think my issue was the wire/connector was bent and not making a good connection - and was 98.9% likely my fault. I've left everything hooked up, but pulled the red wire back into the foot well, and electrical taped the end off until I can fix it. So, really all I need is the new connector type/name and I can likely (hopefully) get it at Frys without too much issue.

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
The replacement came today, and the red wire/connector popped right in with no issue. The return is packed up and will drop it by the post office tomorrow. Thanks again!
Sponsored