Sponsored

Police/fire/ems...interior lights in your S550?

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

My town is running a supercharged S550. Don't have a pic from the rear.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
i have the slim 80 led blue/light right on the top of the dash and leave it at that. Easy for everyone to see and removable. I always wind up changing cars so never get creative with the mounting. Had it there for 6 years never had an issue lol

Popcorn

Loves His Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium DIB with Black Accents
Was thinking about this, but I would want to it be very subtle. My S550 isn't my daily driver though either. I was thinking some Blue LED's behind the pony to give it some flashing back lighting would look cool, I don't live far from our station so I usually don't need to use blue lights very often.

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
The truck is in the bay just outside of the day room. Why would I need lights on my Mustang? If you are off duty don't worry about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
The truck is in the bay just outside of the day room. Why would I need lights on my Mustang? If you are off duty don't worry about it.
Off duty...don't worry about it??

Can't say I've ever thought quite like that. I'm a volunteer but even when I was paid if someone needs help, I help if I can.

-Emt1581

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Why do they need a supercharged 5.0?
Sometime's those are show cars however, that particular Huntsville Alabama Mustang is for patrol duty on the Interstate. I think it works I-565 in far North AL most of the time which if you've ever driven on might explain why they supercharged it.

The Texas DPS Challenger is just a show car. The Arizona Highway Patrol Mustang and Challenger do traffic but they focus on aggressive driving and street racing.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Dumb question here (but it least it bumps your thread) - what is the difference between a pursuit vehicle and an interceptor? Or is it just semantics meaning the same thing? Same with cruiser, any differences?

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Dumb question here (but it least it bumps your thread) - what is the difference between a pursuit vehicle and an interceptor? Or is it just semantics meaning the same thing? Same with cruiser, any differences?
Interceptor is a brand name from Ford. Pursuit is the brand name from Dodge. Chevy calls the Caprice their Patrol Vehicle.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Sometime's those are show cars however, that particular Huntsville Alabama Mustang is for patrol duty on the Interstate. I think it works I-565 in far North AL most of the time which if you've ever driven on might explain why they supercharged it.
Yup. It patrols I-565 and sometimes Research Park Blvd. I'm routinely passed by people going at least 90 on 565 and with the number of fatal accidents due to speed it makes sense. They need to get some wider wheels for it though, the 235s have to have a hard time with 670 hp.

Madison, AL (the town just west of Huntsville) has a C6 patrol car, but it mostly patrols school zones.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Yup. It patrols I-565 and sometimes Research Park Blvd. I'm routinely passed by people going at least 90 on 565 and with the number of fatal accidents due to speed it makes sense. They need to get some wider wheels for it though, the 235s have to have a hard time with 670 hp.

Madison, AL (the town just west of Huntsville) has a C6 patrol car, but it mostly patrols school zones.
Back in the late 90s I followed a Ferrari Testarossa on a portion of 565 around the 110 mph range and we weren't blowing by anyone. When he slowed to exit I noticed his license plate had "state judge" on it.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Back in the late 90s I followed a Ferrari Testarossa on a portion of 565 around the 110 mph range and we weren't blowing by anyone. When he slowed to exit I noticed his license plate had "state judge" on it.
The "get out of jail free" card :D

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit

The Texas DPS Challenger is just a show car. The Arizona Highway Patrol Mustang and Challenger do traffic but they focus on aggressive driving and street racing.
Still BS
Sponsored