Sponsored

Side View Mirror Malfunction??

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Unhooking the battery did nothing. It's happening almost daily or every other day. I've gone through the settings and unselected the easy entry feature. So far so good. Still watching it.

Bought a helm manual too.
Sponsored

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
One thing I thought was interesting is that unhooking the battery didn't reset any seat,mirror, my key or lighting presets. It was all there after I installed my GT350R steering wheel and hooked the battery up. Even the my temp preset was there but the radio EQ and balance were defaulted to factory.

I'd love to know if the body control module has its own battery back up or works in some sort of flash memory.

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Alls been well until I removed my USB from the port under the Sync unit. The next day, I noticed my iPod didn't automatically start after turning on the entertainment system. I unplugged it and put it back in. Worked fine. The next day I used my third seat/mirror selection button and then I saw the mirror do some weird shit where it would go
To the right position but then deviate and point all the way up, click once and then return to normal position. Two days later which is today I pressed the same button and the mirror pointed all the way down and just clicked down while the other passenger mirror was stationary. Fuck me I said to myself as I backed up with the clicking mirror clicking away. I looking at it for a good two minutes. I then pressed the off button for the entertainment system and the mirror stopped clicking. Sooooo... Maybe something is screwed with the Sync itself as they seem to be tied together.

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
I just checked with owner.ford.com which tells me my sync is up to date. However, when I look at the last updated time it correlates with when the first issue came about with the mirror with this car.

I did a master reset. We'll see.

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I also have suffered this issue. Subscribed

Sponsored

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Good morning, Lads.

Historically Ford has had a problem with their BCM's and its programming. A quick Google search will provide you all the insight you need to understand how wacky this module can be if the software goes screwy or if the hardware fails. There have been many recalls with other cars/trucks regarding this. No surprises.

My 2015 GT Premium 401a has done this ever since I programmed the damn key fob to set mirrors and seats to my preset when I press the unlock button. Please see page 112 of your owners manual. I didn't realize this programming or linking of presets to my fob were causing the issue. At first, I changed all the seat and mirror presets (1,2,3) to all the same as reset to see if that helps, I tried master reset the sync unit to see if that helps, I've reprogrammed the fob multiple times to see if that helps, I've cancelled the easy entry/exit option to see if this helps and nothing. Nothing helps. It does it sometimes and not others. Completely random. I've noticed that letting the mirrors click till it times out helps resolve the issue for a few days to a few weeks. According to my Ford service manual when the BCM senses high load/voltage for an extended period of time (such as the time it takes for the mirrors to timeout while clicking) the BCM will shut down the function and stop the action this stopping the load. So it's load sensing I guess in other words. It doesn't really give reason to why it's doing it though. There's the main BCM located in the passenger foot well and another behind the sub in the trunk on the passenger side.

The other day I told my wife I'd like to trade the car in for a 2016 or 2017 and be done with this issue, although a bit silly, I'm anal about issues and especially with a new car. In my disparity I decided to take another look at my Service manual and Owners manual. It then dawned on me that I haven't tried something.

The Fix:

I looked up page 112 in my owners manual. See " Linking a preset position to your remote control or intelligent access fob."

You'll see three steps to PROGRAM it.

You want to read the step below (in the manual) to UNPROGRAM it or see below in this thread.

1. Start car.
2. With seat and mirrors in their desired position hold the preset (1,2 or 3) you've previously linked to you fob. Press and Hold the preset, you'll hear a tone after two seconds, continue holding the preset until you hear a second tone. As soon as the second tone sounds PRESS THE UNLOCK BUTTON. Your remote is no longer linked.

I'm so far two weeks in and no issues.

Try this and report back.

bl_steel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
I have a 2017 401A PP premium GT, and I'm having this same issue with the driver's side mirror.

I only happens between preset-seat adjustments, and randomly at that.

I do not use my key fob tolock/unlock the car (I only use the sensors in the handles, and just keep the key in my purse all the time), and have not linked seat positions to either key fobs.

I do use the auto seat back function.

I do have an ipod hooked via USB in the center console.

My reverse camera has malfunctioned once, not turning on when put in reverse (manual transmission). However, after a shift to first then back to reverse, the camera came on.

I have only had one other issue, although irrelevant, with my GT. The silver insert on the shift knob fell off on Day 2. Super-glued back on and is still stuck.

The mirror issue is really annoying, and it's repeated jamming and clicking into a wonky position makes me fear the glass is going to break. Then I'm sure I'll be responsible for replacing the glass, although the car broke it.

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
I deleted my memory settings and it hasn't done it since. Didn't want to fool with taking it in and get the run around. If anyone finds a better fix I'd be up for it.

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
I have a 2017 401A PP premium GT, and I'm having this same issue with the driver's side mirror.

I only happens between preset-seat adjustments, and randomly at that.

I do not use my key fob tolock/unlock the car (I only use the sensors in the handles, and just keep the key in my purse all the time), and have not linked seat positions to either key fobs.

I do use the auto seat back function.

I do have an ipod hooked via USB in the center console.

My reverse camera has malfunctioned once, not turning on when put in reverse (manual transmission). However, after a shift to first then back to reverse, the camera came on.

I have only had one other issue, although irrelevant, with my GT. The silver insert on the shift knob fell off on Day 2. Super-glued back on and is still stuck.

The mirror issue is really annoying, and it's repeated jamming and clicking into a wonky position makes me fear the glass is going to break. Then I'm sure I'll be responsible for replacing the glass, although the car broke it.

1. Star car
2. With seat and mirrors in their desired position hold the preset (1,2 or 3) you've previously linked to you fob. Press and Hold the preset, you'll hear a tone after two seconds, continue holding the preset until you hear a second tone. As soon as the second tone sounds PRESS THE UNLOCK BUTTON. Your remote is no longer linked.

I've never had a problem since...

bl_steel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
1. Star car

I've never had a problem since...
I've never linked my key fobs to seat position, but I will try the delete sequence to see what happens.

Sponsored

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I deleted my memory settings and it hasn't done it since. Didn't want to fool with taking it in and get the run around. If anyone finds a better fix I'd be up for it.
I finally did this very same thing about 7 days ago. Haven't seen the issue all week. I typically see it at least 3 times a week. thanks!

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
My passenger mirror is falling off, not the housing but the actual piece that is reflective. I took it in and they said they have to take pictures first and mail to Ford to get permission to fix it. It was not hit, nothing like that. It seems the adhesive they used has just worn or something? 15 GT 7K miles.

WildFire

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Video of Mirror Clicking

I also have the same problem since my purchase in August 2015. I have captured this incident on video (several times) and showed it to the Ford Service Manager. He could not duplicate the problem, so there is no fix. I tried all the suggestions recommended above and it still does not work properly. Seems worse the first starts of the day. I have the extra warranty so I guess it is a waiting game until this becomes a hard fail. I could not upload my videos but was able to find an example on YouTube.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Never had this problem on the mustang but on other cars it's clicking because it's out of adjustment. What you need to do is move the motor to the middle position and then physically move the glass to the middle position. So with the switch hold it down all the way to the left and then all the way to the right and then back in the middle and see if the glass is in the middle. If the glass isn't centered then move it by hand. Then do the same for up-and-down.

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Never had this problem on the mustang but on other cars it's clicking because it's out of adjustment. What you need to do is move the motor to the middle position and then physically move the glass to the middle position. So with the switch hold it down all the way to the left and then all the way to the right and then back in the middle and see if the glass is in the middle. If the glass isn't centered then move it by hand. Then do the same for up-and-down.
This is just the start... your windows will start acting up and so will your a/c functions.

Yup... it's a Ford.
Sponsored