Side View Mirror Malfunction??

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
When I unlock the car, the side view mirrors (sometimes the left sometimes the right) start clicking. Looking at the mirror it is attempting to set the position of the mirror where I had it programmed, but it seems to stick when it reaches the top position and just keep trying to go higher. I remember somebody here had posted a video of it happening, but I can't locate it. To my knowledge there isn't a service bulletin to the dealers on this. Has anyone found a fix to this issue? Thanks.
Sponsored

Aznjason02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Gt PP
My car does this aswell but usually only when my wife drives it and switches it to her preset. She says it happens to her quite frequently when she drives it, but I've only been able reproduce it like twice.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
One person claimed to have a TSB but never provided a number. I've shown a video to someone at the dealership. His only idea was to plug in his computer and check for errors. There were no errors so he didn't take it any further...:frusty:

The only work around I found for it was to turn off the entry/exit option that moves the seat back and program button 3 to move the seat back all the way. Doing it this way requires pushing button 3 before getting out.

Just an FYI, from the web you can click on your profile and view all old post.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32451&highlight=mirrors

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26495&page=2

Sponsored

gbartolini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Pontiac Trans AM
I just made a post about this. Didn't realize there was already a post on this. Mine does this too. Can't get it fixed at the dealership because I can't replicate it. It happens at random. Very annoying.

embraceentropy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Mine just started this behavior recently. It happens when I open the door to enter. When the mirror acts up, the car gives me the double honk when I close the door with the key in my pocket after getting in.

...strange....

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
I was at the dealer service dept today. When I got in my car to leave, it did this for the first time. A service advisor looked up at my mirror because he heard it. He came over and was watching it. He said he had not seen this before. I used the button to move the mirror downward and it started acting normal. I then preset the memory button and it went to where it is programmed.

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
I was at the dealer service dept today. When I got in my car to leave, it did this for the first time. A service advisor looked up at my mirror because he heard it. He came over and was watching it. He said he had not seen this before. I used the button to move the mirror downward and it started acting normal. I then preset the memory button and it went to where it is programmed.
Second time for me was Saturday. My Ford Sync 2 also wouldn't play a correct song though selected through voice commands on the screen. The next day, yesterday, the car stalled out at a light. I was already clutched out, sitting in neutral and when to pull off by clutching in and noticed no power. The cluster read Run Power Active. Second time for both mirror and stalling.

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Happened again this morning before dropping the car at the dealer. The mirror starting clicking to the utmost highest position and as I grabbed my phone to video it it stopped.

Seems like this issue will be a frequent one.

Sponsored

gbartolini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Pontiac Trans AM
yea mine does this probably once a week. i'd have to say its the most disappointing part of the car. there really isn't any way to replicate it. It does it at random. No idea how to fix it.

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Spoke to the service advisor.

They said the mirror thing is beyond them. No codes in the BCM so no way of knowing they said. I'm pulling the battery and resetting everything tonight and we'll see after.

spireland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Former 2015 EB Premium PP
I have this same issue on mine. Happens about 1-2 times a month. Always when using the presets to go back to a certain position. I have a preset for driving and one for backing up (lowered mirrors to see curb) and swapping them is when I see this happen.

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
I have this same issue on mine. Happens about 1-2 times a month. Always when using the presets to go back to a certain position. I have a preset for driving and one for backing up (lowered mirrors to see curb) and swapping them is when I see this happen.
I'm going to unhook the battery, hook it back up, reset all MyKeys and seat/mirror presets and reset them back up.

The dealer cannot replicate the issue and even if they could there's no BCM codes coming back.

defdans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have this problem as well. Is it not catching on something? That was my assumption. Doesn't sound like there's been much success in resolving it? I don't really care, aside from fearing it's going to break entirely at some point.
Sponsored