OP
s550hopeful

s550hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt Magnetic
Physically destroyed ... How?
The service guy said it was a defective sensor, and said it was destroyed. I assumed that it was melted or something. I was worried they'd say it was something I did. But no.
Sponsored

Fyrfyghtr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I got in mine this morning and had the ABS and Brake lights. The advancetrac warning came on. Im going to the dealership in the morning to get it checked out.

Jon B.

Farm Truck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Premium PP GT, '01 Lightning
Same issue happened to me yesterday. Wife should be taking it in tomorrow. Cheap sensors?

d2robert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
I just got this issue as well last night. I am getting the same symptoms and will add to the steering being noticeably stiffer, steering mode is unchangeable. After the first experience and once the engine was cycled off and back on, all the lights were off. Eventually though they came back on and stay on after each engine cycle.

Pretty easy to lock up the front wheels with these brembos and no ABS(had to test that out).

Looks like a trip to the dealer is the cure.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just got this issue as well last night. I am getting the same symptoms and will add to the steering being noticeably stiffer, steering mode is unchangeable. After the first experience and once the engine was cycled off and back on, all the lights were off. Eventually though they came back on and stay on after each engine cycle.

Pretty easy to lock up the front wheels with these brembos and no ABS(had to test that out).

Looks like a trip to the dealer is the cure.
Definitely bring it in and get it checked out, d2robert. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll get this escalated for you.

Deysha

Sponsored

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Check the ground wire near the passenger strut tower, I had the same exact issue and I tightened it up and all of it went away. Mine was noticeably lose.

gobluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem DIB Roush CAI
Mine has done this now twice. Once was an airbag sensor and the most recent they said it was a bad module and they had to take the bumper off to get to it. I still have an intermittent issue with my turbo not working that they have not been able to figure out.

GoldnAzn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White Premium w/PP
Mine had just come on today coming back from the SoCal M6G cruise.
The AdvanceTrac Service light, ABS light, Hill Assist Disabled, All Drive Mode Not Available and steering wheels feels heavier when backing into my garage.
Took it to the dealer right away, but they can't diagnose it till Monday (Closing Early).

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just had this happen driving to work. Took it in to the dealership which I hate doing because I feel like they will break two things repairing one...wish it never happened but it did so....guess I will see what happens Ina couple hours. Saw them take the car in then go for a pass on the highway about 2 hrs ago. Was hoping it was figured out but they took it to the back again, guess they are having a bit of fun with a full bolt on car :/

Sponsored

sicks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Also to add to that my back up cam is glitching and most of the time just goes to a black screen. I have to back up the old fashioned way...first world problems. I actually don't care about that only because I run my car hard and I was fortunate to not have mechanical problems! Will be throwing twins on in a month or so

JammanGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Performance.
Mine is at the dealership for this. Had to rent a car while they get parts :mad:. Rented a 2016 F-150 4X4 5.0 and it is pretty quick. :thumbsup: Better tranny and it could be a hot truck.

RTmiata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I was leaving today and when I got out to my car it was drizzling and the parking lot was almost completely empty (I always park in the back). So I decided to "test" traction. After the car had warmed up. and with traction control off I preceded with the "test". When I did the "service advancetrac" logo popped up mid "test".

I see there can be multiple causes but my dilemma is that by the time I left the parking lot it had gone away. Will that show in the logs if I take it to the dealer or do I have to wait for it to come back up?

simon696

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Oxford Mustang Gt 15
So I was leaving today and when I got out to my car it was drizzling and the parking lot was almost completely empty (I always park in the back). So I decided to "test" traction. After the car had warmed up. and with traction control off I preceded with the "test". When I did the "service advancetrac" logo popped up mid "test".

I see there can be multiple causes but my dilemma is that by the time I left the parking lot it had gone away. Will that show in the logs if I take it to the dealer or do I have to wait for it to come back up?
Did you jus turn it off? Or hold it for like 5+ seconds and turn off everything. Stability control might have kicked jn

RTmiata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea I turned it all the way off. Foot on brake hold button for what feels like an eternity until it turns off. The Service Advancetrac popped up a few seconds after the first donut but went away shortly there after. This wasn't like the small notification like breaking traction with traction control on it took up the entire screen in the gauge cluster.
Sponsored