Sponsored

OPG, Crankshaft Sprocket & Head Cooling

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am ordering a Supercharger this week and just wanted to take a little poll.

Who is Supercharged and installed the....

1. MMR 2015 5.0 Head Cooling Mod for the #8 Cylinder
2. MMR Billet Lower crankshaft sprocket gear
3. MMR Hurricane Billet Oil Pump gears

and who is Supercharged with none of these parts installed and the car is running fine? Also what power levels are you at?

I am just trying to figure out how necessary these parts are if I am staying in the 600-650 whp range? These parts are about another $850. If I am running on real thin ice without installing these parts than I rather just spend the money, if it is overkill I rather not.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No need to run the head cooling mod.. The other 2 are good insurance, but not required.
I know the #8 cylinder was a big deal on the 11-14s did they fix that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I know the #8 cylinder was a big deal on the 11-14s did they fix that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

The #8 was not a big deal on them. The whole #8 mess was a tuner problem. Initially, some where turning off the knock sensor like in 05-10 tuning. Which is a major input on these versus just a safety thing on those. Timing would run away resulting in the warmest cylinder detonating first. Which is #8. Once that was figured out, the "problem" went away.

It was blown way out of proportion by a very limited number of people who trusted the wrong people. Sucks for them but.... They made a huge huge deal due to being pissed off about denied warranties (why should ford warranty when someone else screwed up) and started different screen names and posted all over. Even started rumors about stock cars with problems and even those where later proven to be 1) false 2) tuned by same methods resulting in same effects and 3) not #8 failures. I personally checked on several rumored stock failures only to find that they where not #8 failures but other problems that someone assumed was that when they saw it in service!

The whole debacle was pretty much a clown show, if you ask me.

Sponsored

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
I got my Paxton Supercharger on the way along with the TSS oil pump gear, MMR lower crank sprocket gear and ATI super damper these are the 3 mods I will be doing.I will start installing it this weekend.I figured might as well Beefcake hooked me up on all my parts!! Thanks BEEFCAKE racing. I never done the head cooling mod on my 04 cobra and it was fine.

OP
OP

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got my Paxton Supercharger on the way along with the TSS oil pump gear, MMR lower crank sprocket gear and ATI super damper these are the 3 mods I will be doing.I will start installing it this weekend.I figured might as well Beefcake hooked me up on all my parts!! Thanks BEEFCAKE racing. I never done the head cooling mod on my 04 cobra and it was fine.
nice, what does the ATI super damper do?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
none are required, but, the oil pump gears are not a bad idea. thing is, if your in there, might as well do the crank sprocket, since your same labor either way

nice, what does the ATI super damper do?
he has big plans, so went with a 20% od to run with the stock pulley, one, it's sfi rated

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
I am ordering a Supercharger this week and just wanted to take a little poll.

Who is Supercharged and installed the....

1. MMR 2015 5.0 Head Cooling Mod for the #8 Cylinder
2. MMR Billet Lower crankshaft sprocket gear
3. MMR Hurricane Billet Oil Pump gears

and who is Supercharged with none of these parts installed and the car is running fine? Also what power levels are you at?

I am just trying to figure out how necessary these parts are if I am staying in the 600-650 whp range? These parts are about another $850. If I am running on real thin ice without installing these parts than I rather just spend the money, if it is overkill I rather not.
I have none of those, 832rwhp for about 2500 miles.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Process what is your redline at?

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I had a #8 cylinder fail on a completely stock 2012 so don't believe anyone saying it wasn't an issue! I was completely stock. Motor gave a 4,200rpm and destroyed the block and head.
Sponsored