Cooled seats not cooling

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
You’re always welcomed to bring it in to a different Ford Dealer for a second opinion, FeedtheNeed. Let me know if you do, and what they say.

Definitely bring them in and get them looked at, guys. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your areas.

Deysha
Thanks but if it's not supposed to cool all of the seat back like what was stated earlier, I don't see where taking it in would do much good.
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Sure thing! Send over your info: VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer. I'll loop in a customer service manager to assist with your dealer visit.

Jeff
Thank you. Very busy at work right now through next week. Probably won't make an appt. until after the 28th. I will keep you in the loop when I do. :)

OP
OP

FeedtheNeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
You’re always welcomed to bring it in to a different Ford Dealer for a second opinion, FeedtheNeed. Let me know if you do, and what they say.

Definitely bring them in and get them looked at, guys. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your areas.

Deysha
Thank you for the tip. I'm actually going to put together a better presentation of the data before I continue on so that I can argue my position better than "it doesn't feel cool". Once I have that, I'm going to talk to my dealership again since they have been fantastic from the customer service aspect. If need be I will try another dealer, or something higher.

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
I have issues with mine as well. Sometimes it won't cool at all, and at times it feels almost like it's heating instead. AZ summers are brutal so I was really counting on it to be fully-functional. I'll have to do a bit more testing though.

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
I tested mine on the way home from work (45min drive). I turned them on and after about 4 minutes the seat bottom was cooling. (awesome). The after about 13 minutes (from first turning it on) I could definitely feel heat coming from the seat backs. So then.... I felt the passenger seat with my hand and it was cool to the touch. I turned that seat cooler on. After about 10 minutes I could tell a noticeable difference. The seat bottom was cooler and the seat back was warmer. I could feel a difference between the perforated (the part with the little holes in it) portion and the non perforated. There is definitely something wrong with mine. I can only take it to a dealer for a day (unless they give me a rental) so I don't think ill be able to do that for a while. Let me know how your other dealership experiences go.

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I spoke with a Ford CSR today and based on that discussion, I'm convinced that all you guys are wasting your valuable time by taking the cars in. This is simply a poor design and they have no intent to do anything about it.

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
I spoke with a Ford CSR today and based on that discussion, I'm convinced that all you guys are wasting your valuable time by taking the cars in. This is simply a poor design and they have no intent to do anything about it.
That's what I'm thinking too. However, there is a big difference between "not" cooling the seat backs and HEATING the seat backs instead.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
That's what I'm thinking too. However, there is a big difference between "not" cooling the seat backs and HEATING the seat backs instead.
On black leather in the Colorado sun, there's less difference than you would think. :p

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Mine felt like it was heating the seat back today. It didn't feel like it was pushing any air through the bottom, but the fan was running.

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
Exactly. If it just wasn't working, no big deal I can get over it.

But if I'm turning on the cooled seats it's because my seats are hot. If it starts warming up my back then that is the complete opposite of what I'd want and would make the situation worse.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you. Very busy at work right now through next week. Probably won't make an appt. until after the 28th. I will keep you in the loop when I do. :)
I tested mine on the way home from work (45min drive). I turned them on and after about 4 minutes the seat bottom was cooling. (awesome). The after about 13 minutes (from first turning it on) I could definitely feel heat coming from the seat backs. So then.... I felt the passenger seat with my hand and it was cool to the touch. I turned that seat cooler on. After about 10 minutes I could tell a noticeable difference. The seat bottom was cooler and the seat back was warmer. I could feel a difference between the perforated (the part with the little holes in it) portion and the non perforated. There is definitely something wrong with mine. I can only take it to a dealer for a day (unless they give me a rental) so I don't think ill be able to do that for a while. Let me know how your other dealership experiences go.
Thank you for the tip. I'm actually going to put together a better presentation of the data before I continue on so that I can argue my position better than "it doesn't feel cool". Once I have that, I'm going to talk to my dealership again since they have been fantastic from the customer service aspect. If need be I will try another dealer, or something higher.
Hey guys,

Let me know when you're able to go, and send over the requested details. I'll make sure to alert your regional CSMs to oversee. :)

I have issues with mine as well. Sometimes it won't cool at all, and at times it feels almost like it's heating instead. AZ summers are brutal so I was really counting on it to be fully-functional. I'll have to do a bit more testing though.
Send over your info, Ender; I'll get this concern escalated. I just need your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info.

Are you having an issue with the cooling/heating feature as well, RubyRed15? I'm looking into the situation with your CSM also.

Thanks but if it's not supposed to cool all of the seat back like what was stated earlier, I don't see where taking it in would do much good.
I hear you, Jason. If you feel it may not be working properly, however, I recommend having it checked out.

Mine felt like it was heating the seat back today. It didn't feel like it was pushing any air through the bottom, but the fan was running.
Hey Thompyt,

Was it supposed to be cooling? Send your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. If you'd like to have that looked at, I"ll loop in your regional customer service manager to assist.

Jeff

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes, like the others, only the bottoms get cool.
Gotcha. I just responded to your PM, but I'll add this to your case as well. Just to clarify though, it is just the bottom and lower back area that should be cooling, not the upper back part. I wanted to make sure that was clarified. :thumbsup:

Jeff

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
If anyone has had their seatbacks fixed/replaced and they now cool post and let us know.

AMESmith87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp 50th pkg, 1985 Mustang GT, 2018 Super Crew F150 EB
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing is happening to mine. Will take in in while I'm in Pensacola after this week.
Sponsored