Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Jaxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Same issue on my Auto 5.0. I'll try to make an appointment to get this issue and the hood alignment fixed.
Sponsored

Noble-6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I also had a very similar issue after merging on to the highway today - going to do some more highway driving tomorrow to see if I can replicate it...

Blueovalnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well instead of taking back to the dealer, I went ahead and ordered a Driveshaft Shop one piece aluminum driveshaft. I will post the results once installed.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Good news - problem solved! It was the drive shaft after all. Drives really nice now...I hope it lasts! :clap2:
I'm glad to see the dealer was able to solve the concern, icarumba. I'm here to help if the concern returns.

Long story short: My transmission slipped while trying to enter the highway. RPMs went up to 7Kish, and then "kicked" really hard... I thought my car was done for when that happened. ...l
I've been having the exact same problem with my 5.0 automatic since day one...500 miles now. Thanks for posting! I have an appointment tomorrow at my dealership and will show them this thread!
I have a 2015 V-6 manual trans. 051A, 400 miles and yes I have a vibration 50+ that feels like a driveshaft ( I am a Auto Tech 35 years). The weather in upstate NY has been bad so I havn't driven it in a month, when the weather turns I will be bringing it back to the dealer. Also when I put gas in it the nozzle shut off at 1/2 tank. So keep us posted on the vibration and I will do the same. Thanks,Bill
Same issue on my Auto 5.0. I'll try to make an appointment to get this issue and the hood alignment fixed.
I also had a very similar issue after merging on to the highway today - going to do some more highway driving tomorrow to see if I can replicate it...
Hey, everybody!

Let's see how I can best assist keeping your Ponies running smooth. When you take your Mustangs' in for service, please send me a PM with your names, contact info, VINs, updated mileage, and servicing dealer.

Rachel

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I have a 2015 V-6 manual trans. 051A, 400 miles and yes I have a vibration 50+ that feels like a driveshaft ( I am a Auto Tech 35 years). The weather in upstate NY has been bad so I havn't driven it in a month, when the weather turns I will be bringing it back to the dealer. Also when I put gas in it the nozzle shut off at 1/2 tank. So keep us posted on the vibration and I will do the same. Thanks,Bill
888mustang,
I recall years back when I had my '91 Bronco's rear end rebuilt at a rear end shop, I think they also balanced the drive shaft. If drive lines on the V6 are such an issue, even if when I get mine in mid March it does not vibrate noticeably, I would be very curious how balanced it is.

888, could it be something as simple as the drive shaft vendor (and Ford) having either poor QC or too low a specification for this shaft's degree of balance. I am certainly not a tech. Maybe you know, or know someone who works more specifically with drive shafts to ask about this.

This talk of two piece drive shaft. Does this mean (I doubt) that there are physically two drive shaft with a universal coupling in the middle (like my 4WD Bronco)? I'd guess it means two pieces are fabricated into one drive shaft. If it is just an out of balance issue, is that fixable by a specialty shop spinning it up and adding/ removing weight to balance it? I'm also guessing a drive shafts very small diameter (compared to a wheel) would be harder to dial in. And that maybe highly balanced shafts might require big bucks equipment that only a drive shaft manufacturer would have?

Has Ford just not been willing to spend more for a shaft designed to a higher spec for the V6??:shrug:

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I just added this to my inspection/ test drive at pick up day list!
Where are you guys feeling the vibration most? On a test drive of my brand new V6 convertible come mid March, what should my Spidey senses be on the alert for?

Thanks for helping those with this possible issue, diagnose it.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
If it is DS related, the vibes will not go away in neutral at speed, but will reduce as you slow down. You feel it in the butt, not the hands.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
If it is DS related, the vibes will not go away in neutral at speed, but will reduce as you slow down. You feel it in the butt, not the hands.
Excellent to know. Thank you so much fot that info! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I thought i felt so,ething but attributed it to road condition. I didnt quite remember feeling it on a diffent highway. But i will be watching out for it.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'm so glad I've found this thread. I'm actually going to print this off right now! The vibration noise almost sounds like you're riding on a rumble strip although the sound isn't as loud and pronounced as a rumble strip would be and it starts around 55-60 mph. I've noticed that when I let off the gas, it makes the noise lessen or cease too.

At first, I thought it was the summer-only tires in cold winter weather or maybe that the motor mounts hadn't broken in properly yet, but after nearing almost 2,000 miles, it hasn't improved or went away. I'm going to give my dealership a call and ask when I can take it in.

Last edited:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I'll be curious what your dealer says after test driving and reading the pertinent posts on this tread. If he deals directly with the driveline or still tries to do something easier and send you home.

Has anyone (or their dealer) Sent their drive shaft(s?) to be tested for balance/runout? It would be interesting to know. I had bad U-joints on an old car 40 years ago but I don't remember the symptoms. I think it was a noise more than a vibration.

bigdaddyspank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CompOrange GT Premium, 2013 GT500
2015 Vibration between 50-70 MPH

This is basically for Rachel at Ford...
I have the same exact issue. Without the aggravation at the dealers service department, is Ford tracking this issue? Is this systemic? Please send me direct contact info and I will provide my contact info plus my VIN. Is this in fact the Drive Shaft?

All others, what were your remedies, and please no opinions, just what actually fixed the issue.

Thanks!

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is basically for Rachel at Ford...
I have the same exact issue. Without the aggravation at the dealers service department, is Ford tracking this issue? Is this systemic? Please send me direct contact info and I will provide my contact info plus my VIN. Is this in fact the Drive Shaft?

Thanks!
Hey bigdaddyspank,

Rachel got your PM and sent you a response. It should be in your inbox. :D

Jeff :ford:

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
OK what is the latest on the drive shaft vibration.I have the same problem (vibration 50+)but I live in up state NY and have not been able to drive my Mustang lately due to the several feet of snow and salt on the roads. Also fuel nozzle shuts off at 1/2 tank when filling..I will be taking it to the dealer in the next couple weeks and would like to know how other people got these issues resolved,Could any one PLEASE post their fixes? Thanks,Bill
Sponsored