Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
fixing my alcantara bits.

I had also previously got a 'faux alcantara' boot for the handbrake, (is faux alcantara fake fake suede?), but the dye on the faux alcantara seems to be susceptible to sun fade. The auto boot with the 'real' alcantara did not fade at all

Yes , faux is French for "false "

:cheers:
I know what faux means, I was being sarcastic, since Alcantara is already 'faux suede', making 'faux alcantara' a fake of a fake...
Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Put the Cooltech sound tube delete on my car. At least I started to, but damned if I could get my arm in there to undo that firewall nut. My wife saved the day, got her arm down in there and ratcheted that nut out in no time, then was able to get the plug into the firewall as well. Man, you gotta love a wife who does this stuff. It was also her idea of trading our '11 Brembo GT on the '16 GT PP.

Does it get any better than that? I think not. Picture is proof.

And Cooltech is the winner for shipping sound tube delete kits to Canada, TWO US BUCKS for shipping!!! Everyone else wanted 25 or 30 US bucks for a kit that fits in an envelope. Thank you Cooltech!
You think thats bad - I just bought a lockout kit - BMR they wanted over 200 for a small box to Oz!!!!!! Bought on ebay for 29.00 postage. We get this all the time. Guess they dont want the business.:frusty:

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Well, the two hardest parts are complete (shifter and handbrake). While I love the work that Redline goods does, I've learned my lesson not to go cheap on the highlight parts. The material they use for the faux alcantara is crap, and fades badly. Their regular 'real' alcantara material has held colorfast in the past, so these replacements should hold up as well.

Here's what the faux alcantara looked like when I first installed it in April last year:
View attachment 115421

And here's the comparison with the faux alcantara today on the left, and the new 'real' alcantara on the right:
View attachment 115420

Finally, the two new boots together:
View attachment 115419

Last edited:

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Washed and waxed the car yesterday but it was late by time I could snap pictures. 5% ceramic tint is new as well. I love how the GT PP wheels look but dang if they aren't some work to clean!

Awesome! Love the side stripes and the hood spears. :cheers:

Last edited:

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Ruby Red Premium
Washed and waxed the car yesterday but it was late by time I could snap pictures. 5% ceramic tint is new as well. I love how the GT PP wheels look but dang if they aren't some work to clean!

Looks great. Did you install the side stripes yourself and, if you did, was it much of a job? I am planning to get a set from Big Worm.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Looks great. Did you install the side stripes yourself and, if you did, was it much of a job? I am planning to get a set from Big Worm.

Thanks! I didn't, I live in OKC so the wife and I made a day trip down to Dallas and had Big Worm install for me.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
To clean those PP wheels..just one word. "Woolies". Trust me, huge time saver.

Sponsored

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Got her washed and dropped the top for a half day cruise. Also ordered this.
Should be here in 4 weeks.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Got her washed and dropped the top for a half day cruise. Also ordered this Should be here in 4 weeks.
wheel.JPG