NXT Step Performance?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Stock BOV just vented with the hose facing downward, I did not remove the hose from BOV just disconnected it from intake (capped) and turned down to the ground.
Oh. It sounds really good idling/revving! Doesn't it get obnoxious under steady light load though? A steady hiss of blow off? I don't have mine venting to atmosphere, still plugged up to the intake but with the open intake box, you hear it. When I'm going up a slight incline, light pedal, it just constantly bleeds boost the whole time.
Sponsored

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
Nah, I can barely hear it bleeding air when cruising. I'm happy with the sound now. When I had the stock exhaust and vented it. It was horrible, like a leaking air hose fitting. Lol

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I ordered it from Amazon. I like the sound and price. I've got the tools to install it myself. Should be here between the 3rd - 13th of March. Since I have a resonator delete, I'll put up some sound videos after I get it on. I only have my cell phone for videos, though. So....

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I ordered it from Amazon. I like the sound and price. I've got the tools to install it myself. Should be here between the 3rd - 13th of March. Since I have a resonator delete, I'll put up some sound videos after I get it on. I only have my cell phone for videos, though. So....
What would be nice is use the same device to record it before you do the mod and then after so we can hear the difference.

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Got it installed today. Took me about an hour all together. Sounds really good. Much louder than stock, but not wake the neighbors loud. It's got some pop and crackle when revved past 4k, which I love. I'm impressed. I'll get some pictures and videos up this
weekend.

Fit and finish is really good. It looks great and the exhaust tips are properly centered in the cutouts. I goofed up cutting the exhaust on the drivers side and cut it to short. I can't seat it fully. I'm taking it to a muffler shop tomorrow to have it fixed so it won't rattle and moved around when driving.

There were no instructions in the box - but it's such a simple job they're not really needed. I would have liked a template for where to cut the exhaust, though. I got turned around under the car and even though I measured, I ended up marking and cutting the wrong side.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Drove her around tonight after picking her up from the muffler shop. Surprisingly, it's pretty quiet inside the car. You can carry on a conversation in a normal tone. Music doesn't need to be cranked any louder. Out on the interstate cruising at 80mph in 6th gear, it's very quiet. I think there is a little drone but it's so quiet that playing music at normal levels or having a conversation will drown it out. At idle the mufflers just purr.

Outside the car, it's another matter. My wife said it shook our bathroom when I started her up in the garage this morning (our master bedroom is above the garage). She also said she heard me coming several blocks away when I came home from work. This is without me getting on it.
I did some driving with the windows down and, man, once you smash the gas and really start to get into it, this exhaust just roars.

I'm very impressed with this exhaust. It's inexpensive, looks great and sounds great.
I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a good axle-back on a budget.
Bear in mind, I also have a resonator delete. Basically, a full catback exhaust. For hundreds less than you can buy a catback for.
I will try to get a video up posted tomorrow or Sunday.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Got some pictures today. I'm in the process of selling my house and had showings pretty much all day, so I didn't get any videos made. Hopefully tomorrow.
Yes, the car is dirty. No, I haven't had time to wash her. Yes, I hope to wash her tomorrow.
IMG_20170304_082132724_HDR.jpg
tips3.jpg
tips6.jpg
tips5.jpg
tips2.jpg

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Soon! I hope. We're having typical Colorado winds today and I have had some stuff come up that I have to do tonight. So, hopefully tomorrow.

I can say I'm in love with how it sounds.

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
[ame]

This gives a general idea. I had to record on my Moto G4, which is a budget smartphone. In person it's much deeper than the recording and much louder.

These videos don't really do these exhausts justice. They sound much better in person.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
This gives a general idea. I had to record on my Moto G4, which is a budget smartphone. In person it's much deeper than the recording and much louder.

These videos don't really do these exhausts justice. They sound much better in person.
Any drone with the stock resonator still in?

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've got a resonator delete. I guess there's drone? It's not loud enough to bother me. I haven't had to turn my music up louder than normal to cover it up.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I've got a resonator delete. I guess there's drone? It's not loud enough to bother me. I haven't had to turn my music up louder than normal to cover it up.
Oh sorry I missed that, been keeping track of like 13 different exhaust threads. It sounds really nice and the price is very attractive. I may buy it just to try it out, got the sawzall ready!