Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I actually like the front end of this thing, zany canards and all. The only thing I hate is that texture of the lower grill, basic square egg-crate mesh would look much better.

Front clip is far better than the lesser Camaros. That wing....no.
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
You must have hit your head or are drunk possibly both?
No, I simply don't think it is an attractive car. Even a lot of the Camaro diehards agree with my opinion regarding the aesthetics.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
No, I simply don't think it is an attractive car. Even a lot of the Camaro diehards agree with my opinion regarding the aesthetics.
I saw a 2017 SS on the road yesterday after work. (2nd one I had seen on the road.) Didn't look too bad, but not too great. The 6th generation looks better than it had in previous years, I will say that.
I like the front half of the car, but from the middle of the door on back,....not too crazy about it.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
How come Ford can sell a vehicle (gt500) same price as the gt350 and out perform it in any way possible? Ford puts more than $20,000 msrp difference between a gt and gt350 even though the performance difference between the two is not worth $20,000. Do you think Ford would change that logic for the gt500? No way!

Chevy however can get away with a camaro 1le or camaro zl1 outperforming their corvette line up including the grand sport except the zo6. But that is due to corvette being on a totally different platform. Ford can't do that. They are lacking 2 seater platform. I m not including the Ford GT.
A good part of the 20K was for an exotic motor, with more personality than the run of the mill V8. A lot of time and money on research and unique parts testing etc. A 350 with a cross plane 5.2 with Voodoo heads and blower specific cams would more than compete in price and performance. Fords failure was not having something available to compete.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
A good part of the 20K was for an exotic motor, with more personality than the run of the mill V8. A lot of time and money on research and unique parts testing etc. A 350 with a cross plane 5.2 with Voodoo heads and blower specific cams would more than compete in price and performance. Fords failure was not having something available to compete.
If what you are saying is valid then the r&d, testing and all what is listed up there, is going to bump the current gt350 price 20 grand more. I don't see Ford coming close to the prices of the competition. Lets not even forget the ADM's. I think it is an excuse to blame everything on an exotic engine. If Ford had priced the gt350 similar to the Boss302, they would have had more money in the bank for future r&d's and testing. The gt500 would have the similar pricing as the current zl1 camaro as it should have been!

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
If what you are saying is valid then the r&d, testing and all what is listed up there, is going to bump the current gt350 price 20 grand more. I don't see Ford coming close to the prices of the competition. Lets not even forget the ADM's. I think it is an excuse to blame everything on an exotic engine. If Ford had priced the gt350 similar to the Boss302, they would have had more money in the bank for future r&d's and testing. The gt500 would have the similar pricing as the current zl1 camaro as it should have been!
Wtf are you talking about. So the z28 was a bargain? Yeahhhh riggghht
The gt350 vs GT mustang has a 91hp gain, a totally different engine, trans, suspension, aero, body work, brakes, better seats and interior pieces. Etc.

By the way. Ford has more money in the bank than GM and dodge or Toyota. The numbers were just posted a week or two ago.

The only reason why GM is cutting cost on the camaro is because it's a shared platform and engine. Stop being blindsided.

Scruffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Originally posted by Voodoo
It's a better car for you. Not me. What's your point? The vett cost more now.
The discussion being made was about supply and demand, not the category of car. (By the way the C7 and 350 are both considered sports cars). The MSRP on most C7's are higher than the 350's, but in the real world the C7 can usually be purchased cheaper and is easier to find. Sorry you missed it. Don't get so emotional and read the words.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The discussion being made was about supply and demand, not the category of car. (By the way the C7 and 350 are both considered sports cars). The MSRP on most C7's are higher than the 350's, but in the real world the C7 can usually be purchased cheaper and is easier to find. Sorry you missed it. Don't get so emotional and read the words.
I'm not being emotional. But they are not comparable cars. Since when is a vett a 4 passenger car?
Would you compare a camaro to a Ford GT?
I paid less for my gt350 than what a vett cost.

Scruffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Originally posted by Voodooo
I'm not being emotional. But they are not comparable cars. Since when is a vett a 4 passenger car?
Would you compare a camaro to a Ford GT?
I paid less for my gt350 than what a vett cost.
Once more, the discussion was supply and demand. Simple Economics 101. You missed it again. There are more examples of buying a C7 under MSRP in the real world than a 350, no matter what you got yours for. There are plenty of C7's than can be purchased for less than most 350's. This is my last post on this since you just don't get it. This is not a commentary on your 350 or which car you like best.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Once more, the discussion was supply and demand. Simple Economics 101. You missed it again. There are more examples of buying a C7 under MSRP in the real world than a 350, no matter what you got yours for. There are plenty of C7's than can be purchased for less than most 350's. This is my last post on this since you just don't get it. This is not a commentary on your 350 or which car you like best.
Apparently you never read post 64.

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
So, what are the bowtie boys going to do now? They used to say "my 1LE" like it was a model designation but now there are three trims available with a 1LE option. In addition to the styling, I hate the naming convention. Many are butt hurt that there will be no z/28 for the 6thGen, but there was no way the purists were going to allow a s/c car, no matter how fast, carry that badge. It's pretty sad GM had to go s/c to beat the GT350R.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So, what are the bowtie boys going to do now? They used to say "my 1LE" like it was a model designation but now there are three trims available with a 1LE option. In addition to the styling, I hate the naming convention. Many are butt hurt that there will be no z/28 for the 6thGen, but there was no way the purists were going to allow a s/c car, no matter how fast, carry that badge. It's pretty sad GM had to go s/c to beat the GT350R.
Those camaro guys never let up sounds more like their trying to convince themselves more than anything. Without a supercharger the pushrod engine is pretty much at it's limits.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
They just topped out the camaro. They can't improve upon it now. It's like giving away all your secret weapons and thinking the other guy has nothing to counter with. Now we just have to wait for ford to pounce. If GM thinks ford is just not going to do anything they are more ignorant than I thought.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
very well said.the Gigantic Mistake knew they had no motor to compete with the GT350,so like you said,to beat it they needed a supercharger.when FORD brings the cobra out,it will destroy Garbage Motors all over again.:ford::cheers::lol:

OMEN_STAR

American Muscle
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monther
Vehicle(s)
Camaro 2SS/1LE
ZL1/1LE paving the way....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.