Sponsored

No 'MODE' Button

Phantom24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT PP
Your base model also has sport mode. Quickly press the traction control button and it will display sport.
Sponsored

mustangmike86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
I have successfully enabled the track mode switch when I upgraded to sync 3 on my base gt. You have to modify the as built data in the ABS and IPC. I have just posted in the forum under infotainment with the correct as built data to modify the modules if anyone is interested in the values if anyone has upgraded to sync with the premium bezel. It makes a big difference in the throttle response of the car even more then when you have a base car and hold the traction control switch to turn off the adv trac.

reed034

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Vehicle Showcase
I know you're all GT folks but just the base Ecoboost MT doesn't have sport mode... not even with the TC double tap. :frusty:

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
I use advance track off most of the time. Just more fun driving that way.

Sponsored

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Double click the traction control button fast. This puts the base cars into sport mode. Your middle screen in between the gauges will say sport mode engaged.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Double click the traction control button fast. This puts the base cars into sport mode. Your middle screen in between the gauges will say sport mode engaged.
I read the manual and can't recall this at all ... normal to forget some things I suppose as the manual is so damn thick. Will have to try it ... Thx.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
If you have a base model with an automatic transmission you can shift into sport and it has the same effect as the switches on throttle response

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Your base model also has sport mode. Quickly press the traction control button and it will display sport.
Whaaaaaat???

Quickly press it once? Twice?

What does putting it in "sport mode" do? Or are you just talking about shutting the TC off?

And what happens when you tune a Premium with the different modes? Do they still work? Or does the tune over-ride them?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
What does being in "Sport Mode" do?

And if the car is tuned?

Damn, you learn something new everyday.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah, press it twice quickly. It worked for me ... roads are cool and a bit damp here so I turned it back off again but it works!

Now what the change means I'm not sure but will test when roads are dry and temp is warmer.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I love the Sport and + modes in my car. My 06 Vette had a sports mode but it was nothing like my GT.
Sponsored