Sponsored

Steeda progessive springs

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I am a little disappointed with my new steeda springs. $270 for a set and dont even come with new bump stops.The ebach's come with new bump stops front and rear,wish i had went with now.And i know u can cut the stock one but for that price they should have sent new ones.
Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
How's the ride quality? New bump stops would be nice but I just ordered their progressive springs directly from their site for $203 shipped so that price made it ok without them for me. Don't think I'll ever get quality springs for a lower price than that.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you can cut the OE bumpstops.

The adjustable bumps stops are currently on sale at 15% off.

You will be very happy with the Steeda progressive springs ... the testing & engineering that went into them is 2nd to none.

The benefit you are getting with the Steeda's is ... we are making them for the Mustang where other companies are making them for a wider range of vehicles.

We are able to focus on the springs for the Mustang & dial them in to meet & exceed the customer's expectations.

I will pass along your concerns to our pricing strategist for consideration.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I have not installed mine yet but will this weekend.I will let u guys now what i think about them then.I know it seems like nit picking but previously cutting bumpstops on previous cars affected the ride as to installing new ones.Hope its not the case with this mustang,i bought these springs based off recommendation from the guy i bought my wheels from and he seemed very well imformed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
How's the ride quality? New bump stops would be nice but I just ordered their progressive springs directly from their site for $203 shipped so that price made it ok without them for me. Don't think I'll ever get quality springs for a lower price than that.
Yea thats a real good price for those springs.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Cutting the factory bumpstops definitely improved the ride over leaving them stock. The Steeda adjustable bumpstops made a nice difference for me over cutting the bumpstops and they are very inexpensive. You could always just try cutting the bumpstops and if it's still a bit harsh, get the bumpstops and just put the rear in. The rear is SUPER easy to do, <30 mins per side. I only used the rear. If you think you might want to use all of them though, definitely get them before install so you don't have to do everything twice.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Cutting the factory bumpstops definitely improved the ride over leaving them stock. The Steeda adjustable bumpstops made a nice difference for me over cutting the bumpstops and they are very inexpensive. You could always just try cutting the bumpstops and if it's still a bit harsh, get the bumpstops and just put the rear in. The rear is SUPER easy to do, <30 mins per side. I only used the rear. If you think you might want to use all of them though, definitely get them before install so you don't have to do everything twice.
Are the PP shocks the same on the ecoboost vs GT? I was looking at the steeda s550 adjustable bump stops but saw "(NOTE: The shocks on the Performance Pack (PP) models has a smaller diameter shaft. Our bumpstops will work, but they will not fit as tight.)"- does them not fitting as tight cause any issues whatsoever?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Are the PP shocks the same on the ecoboost vs GT? I was looking at the steeda s550 adjustable bump stops but saw "(NOTE: The shocks on the Performance Pack (PP) models has a smaller diameter shaft. Our bumpstops will work, but they will not fit as tight.)"- does them not fitting as tight cause any issues whatsoever?
Same issue but I just put an o-ring on the shock shaft to hold up the dust cover, works great. I got the idea from someone else.

Actually I have the Konis but same issue is what I meant.

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
why are you even worried about the bump stops using progressive springs? It only lowers the car 1" no where near the bump stops on full compression?

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
why are you even worried about the bump stops using progressive springs? It only lowers the car 1" no where near the bump stops on full compression?
That's what I was told when I first lowered my car on the Steeda Progressive springs. The top half of my factory bumpstops were destroyed.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If it were me and that was my all setup, I would order the Steeda adjustable bumpstops to go with the springs and Steeda Pro Actions too. It makes sense to replace it as a unit imho.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
That's what I was told when I first lowered my car on the Steeda Progressive springs. The top half of my factory bumpstops were destroyed.
So you would recommend just using the small size (single pieces) Steeda bumpstops both front and rear? I only ask because the instructions say to use half length if "lowered" but on their website it says that the progressives should be used with full length. I sent a PM to Steeda, but haven't heard yet.

Thanks!

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
So you would recommend just using the small size (single pieces) Steeda bumpstops both front and rear? I only ask because the instructions say to use half length if "lowered" but on their website it says that the progressives should be used with full length. I sent a PM to Steeda, but haven't heard yet.

Thanks!
Yes i saw the conflicting info no idea if whomever typed up the info for Steeda made a typo but it makes no sense on how they explain to use their adj bumpstops with any lowering spring. One note says you use the shorter half for lowered cars but on the other detail it mentioned full length for the Sport springs. I also would like to know if they work on the Koni/Pro Actions as the notes on the listing arent clear as they say "In testing" post up what they reply

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
why are you even worried about the bump stas lsops using progressive springs? It only lowers the car 1" no where near the bump stops on full compression?
How about i.show u a pic of my car launching at the track on radials and tell me why im worried about bump stops.If no where near the bumpstop at full compression why even have a bumpstop?
Sponsored