NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Manual PP, without a doubt. A PP car is much more engaging to drive.

2007GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I went from a 2013 SHO to a 2016 PP manual for my DD. The manual is far more fun to drive.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Paddle shifter cars suck. Its probably cool in a Mustang but I'd go with manual every time :thumbsup:

FWIW, I daily drive mine and I'm oldish. A stick is part of the whole Muscle Car experience YMMV

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
OP are you more conflicted now? LOL
Have you decided?

Sponsored

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
Thank you all so much for your replies...kinda seems like it's split down the middle amongst all of you. I will try and drive both cars, unfortunately they are at dealers that are exactly opposite in distance from each other with me in the middle, lol. I'm going to try and see the black roof auto today...and ya, $700 to paint a roof...I'll tell the sales guy pound sand for that...I'll pay maybe half that or less for a painted roof, but no more than that!
On my last car, which was white, I had the roof vinyl wrapped black. Looked awesome and gives you the option to remove it later if you want.
Can't remember--I think I paid $200-$300 for the wrap.

OP
OP
5.0_SD

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
OP are you more conflicted now? LOL
Have you decided?
Kinda...but I did go look at the black roofed automatic and drove it. I tell you what, it felt so much more solid than my '14 I was kind of taken aback by it...I mean it felt so much tighter...ya it's brand new but it felt like a big difference. I was okay with the paddle shifters and I thought to myself, ya, might be kinda cool to just flick a paddle like pretty much all professional road race drivers do (ok before I get my arse nailed to the wall for that comment, I'm speaking of F1, high end IMSA, etc)...heck, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Mustangs that were running at Daytona not too long ago were all select shift cars. So, I really liked the auto believe it or not. My one draw back for the PP is this; if I'm going to be lowering and changing the suspension anyways, isn't that a big part of the PP package? Yes, I know I'll miss out on some gauges, the brembos (hated the Brembo pads on my track pack), 19" wheels (don't care), spoiler delete (I want the spoiler), 3.73 gears (I don't think I'll miss that since that's what I already have and I would get better mileage with 3.55)...ok the Torsen I might miss, the Brembos maybe, larger radiator I think I will miss.
I will say this, they were willing to do quite a bit to do a deal today. I have an aftermarket stereo with dual subs in the '14 that I want...they said they would take it out for me if I brought them the original head unit and bezel (I said they could keep the JL 6x9's in the doors and rear deck as the new car doesn't use 6x9's), free of charge. They were also willing to get me below my current monthly payment (said they would give me 19k for mine and it has damage to the paint on the bumper...easily fixed by them).. I even gave them crap about 700 for the "factory painted roof"...I kept saying, c'mon man, you know it doesn't cost that...he wouldn't admit it other than to say, that's how it comes to us...but I could tell he knew it was inflated(like I said, initially they were going to give me 18k, but after my roof comment and the 18's are coming yada yada, they went to 19k, lol). I didn't do a deal yet because I wanted to wait until after March 1st to see if the incentives got any better for March...so we'll see. I'll still go check out the PP car too.

MRose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I would go with the manual performance pack car. Every time I've bought an automatic I end up regretting it, or trading for a manual. I live in metro detroit and drive in traffic for all of my commutes, it's not a big deal with a stick. For me, the manual transmission makes the car. It is a lot more engaging and fun to drive and that's the entire reason I bought the mustang.

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
The PP all the way. The other day I accompanied a friend of mine to do errands and she let me drive her S550 auto for the day and boooooooriiiing!!!! Seriously, I lost the fun factor of driving a S550 after only 5 minutes.

No temptation on waiting for the 2018?

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I was in the exact same boat a year ago when looking for mine. I love driving a clutch but I ended up with the auto, for two main reasons.
The 6r80 is known to be "bulletproof" right outa the factory. Go on the transmission and driveline section. 99% of the post are problems and improvements for the mt82. There's hardly anything about the auto because they are solid and not much if anything needs to be modified. Plus if you drag race like me, auto dominates.
Other reason being the auto comes standard with remote start. Just an extra perk for me.
Everyone is going to be very opinionated on this though, you just have to do get what fits YOU.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Also you guys bitching about the $700 for the painted black roof... look at what Dodge charges...

I paid $150 to get mine wrapped with black gloss vinyl if the option was available I would have paid the $700 to order it with the black roof.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank you all so much for your replies...kinda seems like it's split down the middle amongst all of you. I will try and drive both cars, unfortunately they are at dealers that are exactly opposite in distance from each other with me in the middle, lol. I'm going to try and see the black roof auto today...and ya, $700 to paint a roof...I'll tell the sales guy pound sand for that...I'll pay maybe half that or less for a painted roof, but no more than that!
The painted black roof is a factory option. I love it on my vehicle but yes, I feel it's a rip at $695.00.

If you are conflicted with getting an auto or manual, goto Avis/Hertz/National and rent a Mustang GT for a day or two so you can get a feel if the automatic is something you can live with. While I loved the looked of the S550 Mustang since it's inception, it wasn't until I received one as a rental a year ago that sold me on the vehicle.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Thought I'd chime in. I had an auto with paddle shifters in my 2008 G37s.

I found them to be boring; or maybe I just couldn't get the hang of them.

I wished I had gotten a manual, which is what I went with in my '15 PP. No regrets at all. It's fun to rake thru the gears and I do a fair amount of stop and go traffic to and from work which I still don't find tiring.

Maybe the paddle shifter in the S550 is better. I don't know because I haven't driven one.

Good luck with your decision OP. Post some pics when you get her. :cheers:

OP
OP
5.0_SD

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I really gave it a lot of thought and with my knees flaring up from time to time, I decided to go the auto route. It was difficult and I will miss the manual, but I had to think of how it would as this is my daily driver. Brought her home yesterday...evidently it was the only one like this in all of central florida that was available and someone was looking at it on friday...sales guy texted me asking if I was still serious and I said yes I'll be there tomorrow...he took the car out back and hid it for me :D
Here she is...
20af32a.jpg

351a5w3.jpg

opzj9u.jpg

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
Beautiful! Congrats.
Sponsored