Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Thos hoods gaps are hideous but at least as opposed to the 15-17, they're "even" across the fender and bumper :doh:
Sponsored

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
I hear ya on 15-17 models. I have a MY17 and the rear deck lid alignment is for crap. Other than that, all panels are pretty much spot on. You would think after 3 years of production they could work that out. That said, when you are exhibiting at an auto show, and its a refresh year, you would think Ford would go to every effort possible to make the prototype look flawless, especially in the details, as it's going to be heavily photographed and examined by enthusiasts and potential buyers. To me, no excuse for that sort of poor alignment in that sort of public arena.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I kind of wish there was a "no model designation" package, like you can get on Porsches.

Where they would leave the 5.0 and GT badges off.

That crimson red Ecoboost's fenders just look so much cleaner with no 5.0 badges.

Plus it allows you to be a "sleeper", people think you have a V6 or ecoboost.
Understood fully but sadly the market place and poser boys do not.

Look into the modern history of the GT/CS cars (California Special). When originally brought back the cars (07) Ford copied some critical styling cues from the 1968 cars such as the stripe down the center of the door with the GT/CS at the end of the stripe (in 68 it appears on the side scoop while on the modern version it was at the opposite end at the front fender as the modern side scoop was too small for the graphic).

Well in keeping with tradition that was no indication of engine (68s could be had with a 6 cyl though a 390 V8) aka the "GT/CS" graphic sat were the 5.0 badge was placed on standard GTs.

Well guess what...the modern girlymen poser boys who bought California Specials complained to Ford for several years (and cried like babies on the internet) as to how would people know they were bad ass and driving a "5-oh" without a 5.0 BADGE. So Ford caved (2013?) and dropped the traditional center door stripe from the car and started installing 5.0 badges.

Ford was very cool with the 08/09 Bullitt in dropping the GT badge from the fender (and other Ford/Mustang markings from the car) as Mustang product managers successfully argued that the Mustang was so iconic that people know what it was without badging. Of course that didn't stop the posers who clearly didn't understand the concept behind the Bullitt from adding badges, GT and GT500 spoilers etc

Last edited:

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Understood fully but sadly the market place and poser boys do not.

Look into the modern history of the GT/CS cars (California Special). When originally brought back the cars (07) Ford copied some critical styling cues from the 1968 cars such as the stripe down the center of the door with the GT/CS at the end of the stripe (in 68 it appears on the side scoop while on the modern version it was at the opposite end at the front fender as the modern side scoop was too small for the graphic).

Well in keeping with tradition that was no indication of engine (68s could be had with a V6 though a 390 V8) aka the "GT/CS" graphic sat were the 5.0 badge was placed on standard GTs.

Well guess what...the modern girlymen poser boys who bought California Specials complained to Ford for several years (and cried like babies on the internet) as to how would people know they were bad ass and driving a "5-oh" without a 5.0 BADGE. So Ford caved (2013?) and dropped the traditional center door stripe from the car and started installing 5.0 badges.

Ford was very cool with the 08/09 Bullitt in dropping the GT badge from the fender (and other Ford/Mustang markings from the car) as Mustang product managers successfully argued that the Mustang was so iconic that people know what it was without badging. Of course that didn't stop the posers who clearly didn't understand the concept behind the Bullitt from adding badges, GT and GT500 spoilers etc
There was a V6 Mustang in 1968 ?

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
There was a V6 Mustang in 1968 ?
Lol No there was not.

IMO Bullitt Mustangs are also poser cars in the very same way as the Transformer Edition bumblebee camaros. It's an unnecessary edition, especially when there is already real history to pull from from their respective models.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Lol No there was not.

IMO Bullitt Mustangs are also poser cars in the very same way as the Transformer Edition bumblebee camaros. It's an unnecessary edition, especially when there is already real history to pull from from their respective models.
How dare these companies associate cars with films that made them popular.

How.dare.they.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Speaking of third party models, I wish Zagato make another mustang.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The Bullitt is at least tasteful. Definitely more so than third party models. Saleens, Roush, etc are a huge, gaudy mess.
:thumbsup:

If only my '09 would have had Coyote power, it would have been perfect and I would have kept it forever.

Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
[MENTION=13648]Mustang1260[/MENTION]

I remember when the '03 Mach 1's first came out all the guys hated how it had the same fender badge as the V6 lol. Then for '04 they had the 40th anniversary emblem.
:thumbsup: I'll never forget the look on the red Pontiac G8 GT driver's face that thought he had pulled up along side a lowly little V-6. He turns to his chick to laugh at how he was gonna slaughter me just as I downshifted to 2nd and gave him an earful of V-8! You would've sworn he saw a damn ghost! :lol: I guess he was looking for an easy meal cuz he didn't wanna race after that.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hard to tell sometimes, with so many people these days honestly not knowing that U.S Domestic sixxers ever came in any configuration other than a V. Sorry.

Norm

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I was 14 in 1968 and my first car had a 223 inline.:D
Sponsored