Sponsored

Steeda fixed shocks

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
Debating whether to just go ahead and buy these to pair with my steeda progressives that are going on the car next week. The cars just being used for daily driving. I dont plan on tracking this car hence why im a little hesistent to buy them..but at the same time I don't want to change my mind later down the road and be like I shouldve just changed em out the same time i got my springs done.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Debating whether to just go ahead and buy these to pair with my steeda progressives that are going on the car next week. The cars just being used for daily driving. I dont plan on tracking this car hence why im a little hesistent to buy them..but at the same time I don't want to change my mind later down the road and be like I shouldve just changed em out the same time i got my springs done.
They'll be excellent with the springs you have. The PP dampers are definitely enough for the progressives, but the Pro-Actions will perform better for sure. I have them on with even higher rate springs and they are great.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
It would be a good time to upgrade to the Steeda Pro-Action shocks when you do the springs.

Also, it will improve the ride quality.

Keep us posted.

Steeda Tech

GilSilcox

Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I second the pro-actions. I put springs on last year and now kicking myself because I have to do the install all over again as my shocks and struts are arriving tomorrow. Almost went with the fixed ones but realized I will be much better off being able to adjust them and not have any regrets. The pricing is really good right now and you can hit TJ up for a discount code :paddle:

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I'm trying to decide on them as well. I've PP and progressive springs sitting in the house waiting for the weather to be consistently warm enough to put on. If I understand correctly, the PP shocks/struts + progressive springs should give me better performance/longevity compared to the stock PP suspension; but the PA Shocks and Struts with progressives will offer more performance than the progressives with PP shocks and struts, yes?

Are there any problems using the progressives with the PP shocks and struts? I'm not losing anything by reusing the PP parts am I?

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I'm trying to decide on them as well. I've PP and progressive springs sitting in the house waiting for the weather to be consistently warm enough to put on. If I understand correctly, the PP shocks/struts + progressive springs should give me better performance/longevity compared to the stock PP suspension; but the PA Shocks and Struts with progressives will offer more performance than the progressives with PP shocks and struts, yes?

Are there any problems using the progressives with the PP shocks and struts? I'm not losing anything by reusing the PP parts am I?
No, there will be no problems with the PP shocks or PP parts. They actually work very well with the Performance pack option, offering a better ride quality.

Steeda Tech

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Now's the time to do it, especially up front... if you can wait a minute and save for the Steeda fixed dampers, I would.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Now's the time to do it, especially up front... if you can wait a minute and save for the Steeda fixed dampers, I would.
I second that recommendation. The Steeda Pro-Action fixed valve are really really good. Have them paired up with Steeda Sport Linears and like the combo a lot. Bumps are not harsh - one and done. The damping rates seem perfect for our cars unless you want to run really high rate springs.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
BmacIL you recommended the fixed would work well with BMR 89/82 combo correct? Seems like a good time to snag em.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
BmacIL you recommended the fixed would work well with BMR 89/82 combo correct? Seems like a good time to snag em.
It'll ride and handle fantastic. Definitely would recommend.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
One more question BmacIL as Steeda wasn't too sure when I called, what bumpstops wouldnI use with that setup or what measurements if I needed to cut. Think the drop is .75 frt/ .50 rear.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
One more question BmacIL as Steeda wasn't too sure when I called, what bumpstops wouldnI use with that setup or what measurements if I needed to cut. Think the drop is .75 frt/ .50 rear.
Go with BMR's recommendations for bumpstops cutting. I believe it was to remove 3/8" off the front and 5/8" off the rear, but double check. Do that or get the adjustable ones.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

Right now, we have 15% off our Pro Actions & Bumpstops ... if you have been on the fence, now is the time to move!

The sale is taking place through Monday, February 27th.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored